Used 2000 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

2000 Honda Prelude

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

One Sweet Car
By bh

2000 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

I bought this car as I loved the sleek and sporty body style plus knew of Honda's reliability. I've owned the car over 4 years and the only thing I've done is put a new battery in it. Due to my getting older I am thinking about trading it for a Tacoma but am having a very difficult time bringing myself to do it. 28 MPG on the open road and it handles so smoothly. The paint on it still has a showroom shine but I really baby the car. If anyone is looking for an incredibly sporty car that will get you looks plus the added benefit of great reliability than get yourself one of these babies. You won't be sorry.

Favorite Features

The sleek, sporty body, great gas mileage, and Honda reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a bit better suspension system (kind of rough going over rough RR tracks). Other than that nothing! Bring the model back!

My Dream Car. Also My best Car
By David in Colorado

2000 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

The most excellent combination of practicality and sports coupe. My car has been a dream for the most part. I have 215,000 miles and limited maintenance. The ignition switch at 80,000 was a recall item. I didn't listen to my mechanic about flushing the tranny at every 60K, and the filter finally clogged at 170,000 miles. Otherwise, I have had no other problems. One nagging issue, is the low tires make driving in snow of more than 3" difficult and the car is very hard on tires. The sound system is incredible and the performance is very titillating for those loving speed. It's a tribute to Honda craftsmanship.

Favorite Features

Tiptronic transmission. You get your normal P-R-N-D-D2-D1 automatic type of shifter. However on the D gear, the driver can move the shifter to a manual type of shifting. There is no clutch involved, but it allows for downshifting making Mountain passes and on ramps a delight. Helps to stop car

Suggested Improvements

Reintroduce this to the market. It's reliable, practical, sporty, fun. Do something about the tires. Higher tread wall would be great.

Born to be a Classic
By Chris Sullivan

2000 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

The Prelude is definitely an underestimated Honda. Very elusive compared to your Civic or Accord. Civic would be the bottom line daily driver, the Accord would be the nice family car, and the Prelude would be the slighty more exotic sports car. I get looks and compliments everywhere I go. I wouldn't trade this car for the world. If you're looking for something sporty, that also makes a great daily driver, then the Honda Prelude is definitely for you. It's fast, it's fun, and it's beautiful. What else could you ask for?

Favorite Features

Everything! There's nothing I don't love about this car!

Suggested Improvements

A 6th gear would of been a great improvement. Would love to see the Prelude brought back today.

Great bang for the buck
By Pete

2000 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

Today (1/26/05) is my fifth anniversary with this car. It has 50,790 miles, and hasn't given me a minute's trouble. 24 mpg minimum, and a lot of the time it gets 26.5 mpg. I think it's a very attractive car, perfect for short commutes. My only gripe is that it is not a very comfortable car, it's noisy, and the ride is a little rough. I can last 30 minutes at a time before I feel the need to get out and stretch. I'll be trading for something more comfortable and more useful. This is flashy personal transportation that handles well. Enough room for a week's groceries in the trunk. No room in the back seat for adults, so forget it, just fold the seat down and leave it that way.

Favorite Features

Good looks, great handling, flip-down seat.

Suggested Improvements

No point in making suggestions, Honda discontinued the Prelude. It needed better seats and a telescoping steering wheel.

SH....The best
By h22vtec

2000 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I love my car.Ive had it now for about four months,it has been great.When buying this car you recieve:Style,quality and great performance all in one package.I have yet to see a car like this.When i say that i mean a "non" base turbo car.Sure the WRX,Evo are quick,but the turbo made those that way.This car is awesome w/out the turbo.But im am going to purchase a turbo so i can join the leaders.This will send me up about 100- 125 horses....Gotta luv it!

Favorite Features

My favorite things about my car is how it rides,slowly and fast.The comfortable and quality leather,and the looks of her.She has everything u need in a race machine.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing i can thing of would be to manufacture the Prelude to automatically come (Turbocharged) But only the SH model.