1999 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
master piece
By jojodancer on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

A great car.Other than being just a little too heavey it's perfect. A well built,fun and reliable sports car,not many car makers offer anything close.So if you get the chance buy one!

Reliable Performance
By Maui on 04/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

I've had my Prelude for over 4 years now and have not had a single problem with it. Extremely dependable and reliable car. Handling is excellent for a car in this price range and acceleration is also quite good. Honda is the King of small-engine performance and the Prelude is no exception. True, you won't get the heart-stopping performance of a V8, but the Prelude can hold its own quite well and is cheaper at the gas pump too. All in all, just an excellent all- around package from Honda and a true pleasure to drive.

A Great, Fun and Dependable Car
By davekissoon on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

To anyone that is thinking about buying this car, don't hesistate. It is excellent. It's fast and sturdy and most importantly dependable. Will never break down and so far (after 43000 miles) I've only had to change the tires. Fuel consumption is a bit high for a four cylinder (19 mph average) and the tank is small. This can prove frustrating as I have to fill it up every 4 days or so. Nevertheless, if I had to choose whether or not to get this car again, I would jump on the opportunity to get it again. I have test driven many sport cars (350Z, G35) and they are not much different in performance from this,

excellent car
By vtecfox on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

I have now had two Preludes, a 1997 and 1999 5-speed. I love them both and love driving them. I have never had any problems and would recommend them to anyone.

GOOD IN CLASS
By O-MEGA36X on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

For it's class-prelude outperforms other cars like celica gt-s and eclipse GT and is less common than it's competitors with a more original look--even the cheap model is not cheap compared to competition the competition. Good redline, good speed in top end, and nice look especially from the sides. Interior is comfortable and offers room for 4. Shifter is nice, quick, and quiet also and hydraulic clutch engages smoothly with little effort.

Favorite of 2 hondas owned
By Janellesmiles on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I previously owned a honda civic 95 coupe 2 dr 5 spd manual transmission and although it was only a 4 cylinder I loved it. I couldn't believe how much more I would come to love the prelude. Aww the fun I had driving it... I could go on and on. I felt awesome flying down with the stereo blaring and the sun roof open. Absolutely awesome.

99 prelude
By SPEED200 on 10/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

awesome car, fabulous pick up and once that tach hits 5200...hold on to the wheel...car takes of like a rocket

1999 Honda Prelude SH
By Billaze on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

This car is an amazing machine. It handles like no other car I have ever driven. It's performance is comporable to luxury sport coupes that are much more expensive. I used to own a 93 Prelude VTEC and have recently purchased the 99 Type SH. I am very happy with the Honda Prelude.

Best honda ive driven.
By hot99prelude on 09/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

I like my lude because it is a safe fun fast and good looking car that is dependable. Ive done many mods. inc- intake headers high flow cat. all stanless exaust power pullys msd ignition jet power chip all done myself. Aftermarket companies couldnt have made it easier than bolt-on products. I have had no problems with all the mods. never been dynoed. and still running perfect. Yet, still cant beat the GT mustang! can you say turbo??? eat dust!

Worth every penny I've paid for it
By GreggK on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

This car really stands out. I've made over 50000 miles in it and...nothing and thats what I love about hondas, I see my friends dragging their VW's back and forth to the dealer, with milage that's half of mine (German engineered and made in mexico...). But really I've been looking to replace this car and there is nothing that even comes close. Toyota stopped making nice cars years ago, when they decided to hit all the age groups with their designs and thier cars are simply anal. The only alternative I was considering was VW, but they seem to have so many mechanical problems that I'd rather stay headache-free with older honda