Used 1999 Honda Prelude Type SH Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH

Type SH 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (12 reviews )

prelude sh forever
By greatludeSH

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

I've been driving prelude SH a year now and everyday always put a smile on my face. I guess i dont need a face lift anymore, naturally it lift everytime i drive it, lol. I am at my 50's and this machine keeps me young. At 259,000 mileages there's no major work done into it except for regular maintenance of course. I drive it hard and revving high once in a while and this machine doesn't frustrate you. It goes on and on and on... the sexy body, the beauty of reliability, the perfection of stick shift is worth every penny. Bought it 6 grand but its worth it. No headache. If u find one, grab it. You'll love it the rest of your life, but don't trade your wife though,lol. Honda bring it back...

Favorite Features

the 200 HP, stick shift, the curve, the sexy body, the engine, the sun/moon roof, the a/c, the pleasure to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The radio.

Honda Prelude
By anthony

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

Bought this car brand new right of the boat, they actually just unloaded it on the lot, bought it with 3 miles on it, the 3 miles I put on the car test driving it. It is too bad Honda cannot built a decent electric car that looks like this. They need to pay more attention to Tesla motors and get away from the electric cars that look like boxes with wheels on them

Prelude SH - saved my life
By Wedge

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

Recently, I was clipped from the passenger side behind by a tractor trailer cab which was spinning in a hydroplane. This was in a rainstorm at freeway speeds. I did 2 360 clockwise spins before coming to a stop. The prelude SH suspension and ATTS saved my life as I steered into the spin and avoided a 2nd clip by the counter spinning truck cab. So here is where the 80% power transfer to auto steer the outside front wheel occurs. Most of the time one hardly notices the SH, but I did about 3 Gs and maintained steering with my front wheels while the rear spun about. Worth all the prior gear shifts during slow commuter traffic.

Favorite Features

Life-saving performance.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder is worthless and results in spills all the time.

bring back this car man!!!!!!!!!!
By john

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

always wanted one, got a fictus green ss auto, and although a manual would have been a first choice i am still impressed with the auto, leather seats were a nice perk, the vtec is an animal and i would not trade her in for anything else. a sexy car to look at and to drive. the prelude hates to drive under sixty mph and you can hear it under the hood. once on the highway she's happy. domestic cars look out!

Favorite Features

leather seats, vtec kick in. unique headlights. handling. sweet sound system. bodyshape. and dashboard access is easy and practical.

Suggested Improvements

low end acceleration is sluggish with the ss auto but vtec makes up for that.shell is soft and prone to dings and stone chips. vtec sometimes kicks in too early in the auto if i hit the gas aggressivley.

NOTHING IS PERFECT...
By KRITTYD

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

COULDN'T ASK FOR MORE FOR THE PRICE!

Favorite Features

ATTS!

Suggested Improvements

LEATHER!