1999 Honda Prelude Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
Classic Sport
By Gock on 03/27/07 09:59 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car is excellent for those looking for something fun. Although the interior is bland and the car is a portly weight, it's mostly a silent killer. A little heavy to take 90 degree turns with ease, but if you take it on a curvy backroad, you see its true power. Take it on a sharp curve at speeds even a WRX would be scared of and the Prelude laughs at the curve and eats it for breakfast. Interstate driving is like a cakewalk for this car, easily passing any car with a quick downshift or two. Stop- and-go driving is a little boggy but still spirited. Also very quiet! The added reliability and high-quality materials make this car a smart buy for anyone wanting something fun!

Great car for everything
By Brian on 11/29/06 20:39 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

Though my Prelude was purchased as a daily driver, I later began driving it on local road courses and learned what the car was really about. Handling, speed, and comfort. The car has held up very well and still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! I actually bought an old Accord so I wouldn't have to drive the Prelude in the winter in effort to preserve the its current condition.

Great Car
By Jesse on 10/31/06 16:40 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

This has been a fun car to drive. It handles better than any car I have ever driven and it can move pretty quick for a 2.2 L engine.

Quality Honda
By Alex on 03/11/06 14:54 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

This vehicle offers enough power to put a Mercedes Kompressor to shame. Styling is wonderful, and the interior has greatly improved.

99 Prelude
By P TITTY on 07/19/05 02:06 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

The prelude by Honda is a legend and I hope Honda decides to start production again soon. The 99 models saw a 5 HP increase to make it 200 HP(Base model seems fasteR than the SH MODEL), which is more than the type r integra stock. Exterior styling still turnsheads todaY and the interior is not bad. Under the hood we see one of the biggest stock honda 4 cylinder motors at 2.2 liters and the added bonus of VTECH MAKES THIS BABY SCREAM AFTER 5500 RPM. The one thing I have not like about hondas as I have previously owned a 00 civic si and 95 GSR integra is the clutches in the cars stock are not very heavy duty especially during racing. Overall the lude is the best sporty honda out there

Having fun in a 'lude
By FLBoi on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

With all my friends into sports-compact cars and the illusive street racing scene I wanted something original and able to be built apon. My anwser was the Honda Prelude. Fun and reliable and many options on the street scene. Quick and exciting.

Porsche Quality Honda Price
By Gulfstream on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

The Prelude is a brilliant all around sports car. It's fun to drive (especially when the VTEC engine kicks in), and can get you from 0-60 quite quickly. It offers most of the technology that you find on Porsche Boxers without the Porsche price and the mechanical quirks that Porsche has. You will give up head room (fine for me at 5' 7" not so great for someone over 6') and it's not a "family car." Everything is "race-tuned" so don't expect a "down comforter" type ride. The "fun" factor will make up for this.

Best Car I have owned
By tdsd on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned Bug eyed Sprites, MGB, TR4,Lotus Turbo Esprit, 1964 Mustang, Dodge 1967 R/T, and many other performance cars. I worked for a Mercedes and BMW dealership picking up cars for service. I drove almost every model they make. I can only say the my 1999 Prelude is more fun to drive than any other car I have owned or driven. It is just fun.

Fun car to drive
By im4funx on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

This is the 4th new car I have owned and by far it is the best. As my car comes up on the 60000 mile mark it still drives like a dream. As a former muscle car owner (camero z28, mustang gt) I can tell you the pleasure of this car far exceeds them. And the gas mileage makes my 30 mile commute alot more fun. I have not had a single mechanical problem with this car(except I blew out a speaker rocking out to the stereo). I only wish it was still in prodution so I could buy a new one when the time comes.

Honda Preludes rule
By hossy on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

Anyone who buys this car will love it i promise you this car is not only fun to drive but will last and they run great.