1999 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
prelude sh forever
By greatludeSH on 01/23/10 08:33 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I've been driving prelude SH a year now and everyday always put a smile on my face. I guess i dont need a face lift anymore, naturally it lift everytime i drive it, lol. I am at my 50's and this machine keeps me young. At 259,000 mileages there's no major work done into it except for regular maintenance of course. I drive it hard and revving high once in a while and this machine doesn't frustrate you. It goes on and on and on... the sexy body, the beauty of reliability, the perfection of stick shift is worth every penny. Bought it 6 grand but its worth it. No headache. If u find one, grab it. You'll love it the rest of your life, but don't trade your wife though,lol. Honda bring it back...

Honda Prelude
By anthony on 06/01/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

Bought this car brand new right of the boat, they actually just unloaded it on the lot, bought it with 3 miles on it, the 3 miles I put on the car test driving it. It is too bad Honda cannot built a decent electric car that looks like this. They need to pay more attention to Tesla motors and get away from the electric cars that look like boxes with wheels on them

Prelude SH - saved my life
By Wedge on 05/09/07 11:38 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

Recently, I was clipped from the passenger side behind by a tractor trailer cab which was spinning in a hydroplane. This was in a rainstorm at freeway speeds. I did 2 ½ 360 clockwise spins before coming to a stop. The prelude SH suspension and ATTS saved my life as I steered into the spin and avoided a 2nd clip by the counter spinning truck cab. So here is where the 80% power transfer to auto steer the outside front wheel occurs. Most of the time one hardly notices the SH, but I did about 3 G’s and maintained steering with my front wheels while the rear spun about. Worth all the prior gear shifts during slow commuter traffic.

bring back this car man!!!!!!!!!!
By john on 10/15/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

always wanted one, got a fictus green ss auto, and although a manual would have been a first choice i am still impressed with the auto, leather seats were a nice perk, the vtec is an animal and i would not trade her in for anything else. a sexy car to look at and to drive. the prelude hates to drive under sixty mph and you can hear it under the hood. once on the highway she's happy. domestic cars look out!

NOTHING IS PERFECT...
By KRITTYD on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

COULDN'T ASK FOR MORE FOR THE PRICE!

Renaissance Coupe
By ItsaMeMario on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

As my faithful coupe approaches 60,000 miles, I began to reflect on the time we've spent together (cue the sentimental music...) Glancing at the Prelude, I concluded that Honda engineers set out to design a sporty coupe that could handle the rigorous demands a driving enthusiast would muster during ownership. Hmm, so what are the daily observances that quench my thirst for excitment? A comparatively torquey inline-4 from Honda which comes alive above the infamous camshaft change point. Amazing Handling - easily the Prelude's strongpoint, ATTS gimmickry is actually a reality. I personally vouch for its predictability over overall comfort.

Best car I've had so far
By Alexusf on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

This car handles better than a BMW on curves, Its close proximity to the ground helps it stick to the road, and its wide body helps keep it balanced at alla times.

I love this car
By LUDEacris on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

This car handles well, looks great, and is fast what more can u ask for in a sports car?

Favorite of 2 hondas owned
By Janellesmiles on 12/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I previously owned a honda civic 95 coupe 2 dr 5 spd manual transmission and although it was only a 4 cylinder I loved it. I couldn't believe how much more I would come to love the prelude. Aww the fun I had driving it... I could go on and on. I felt awesome flying down with the stereo blaring and the sun roof open. Absolutely awesome.

1999 Honda Prelude SH
By Billaze on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

This car is an amazing machine. It handles like no other car I have ever driven. It's performance is comporable to luxury sport coupes that are much more expensive. I used to own a 93 Prelude VTEC and have recently purchased the 99 Type SH. I am very happy with the Honda Prelude.