1999 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
prelude sh forever
By greatludeSH on 01/23/10 08:33 AM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I've been driving prelude SH a year now and everyday always put a smile on my face. I guess i dont need a face lift anymore, naturally it lift everytime i drive it, lol. I am at my 50's and this machine keeps me young. At 259,000 mileages there's no major work done into it except for regular maintenance of course. I drive it hard and revving high once in a while and this machine doesn't frustrate you. It goes on and on and on... the sexy body, the beauty of reliability, the perfection of stick shift is worth every penny. Bought it 6 grand but its worth it. No headache. If u find one, grab it. You'll love it the rest of your life, but don't trade your wife though,lol. Honda bring it back...

Honda Prelude
By anthony on 06/01/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

Bought this car brand new right of the boat, they actually just unloaded it on the lot, bought it with 3 miles on it, the 3 miles I put on the car test driving it. It is too bad Honda cannot built a decent electric car that looks like this. They need to pay more attention to Tesla motors and get away from the electric cars that look like boxes with wheels on them

Prelude SH - saved my life
By Wedge on 05/09/07 11:38 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

Recently, I was clipped from the passenger side behind by a tractor trailer cab which was spinning in a hydroplane. This was in a rainstorm at freeway speeds. I did 2 ½ 360 clockwise spins before coming to a stop. The prelude SH suspension and ATTS saved my life as I steered into the spin and avoided a 2nd clip by the counter spinning truck cab. So here is where the 80% power transfer to auto steer the outside front wheel occurs. Most of the time one hardly notices the SH, but I did about 3 G’s and maintained steering with my front wheels while the rear spun about. Worth all the prior gear shifts during slow commuter traffic.

Classic Sport
By Gock on 03/27/07 09:59 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

This car is excellent for those looking for something fun. Although the interior is bland and the car is a portly weight, it's mostly a silent killer. A little heavy to take 90 degree turns with ease, but if you take it on a curvy backroad, you see its true power. Take it on a sharp curve at speeds even a WRX would be scared of and the Prelude laughs at the curve and eats it for breakfast. Interstate driving is like a cakewalk for this car, easily passing any car with a quick downshift or two. Stop- and-go driving is a little boggy but still spirited. Also very quiet! The added reliability and high-quality materials make this car a smart buy for anyone wanting something fun!

Great car for everything
By Brian on 11/29/06 20:39 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

Though my Prelude was purchased as a daily driver, I later began driving it on local road courses and learned what the car was really about. Handling, speed, and comfort. The car has held up very well and still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! I actually bought an old Accord so I wouldn't have to drive the Prelude in the winter in effort to preserve the its current condition.

Great Car
By Jesse on 10/31/06 16:40 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

This has been a fun car to drive. It handles better than any car I have ever driven and it can move pretty quick for a 2.2 L engine.

bring back this car man!!!!!!!!!!
By john on 10/15/06 19:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

always wanted one, got a fictus green ss auto, and although a manual would have been a first choice i am still impressed with the auto, leather seats were a nice perk, the vtec is an animal and i would not trade her in for anything else. a sexy car to look at and to drive. the prelude hates to drive under sixty mph and you can hear it under the hood. once on the highway she's happy. domestic cars look out!

Quality Honda
By Alex on 03/11/06 14:54 PM (PST)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

This vehicle offers enough power to put a Mercedes Kompressor to shame. Styling is wonderful, and the interior has greatly improved.

99 Prelude
By P TITTY on 07/19/05 02:06 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

The prelude by Honda is a legend and I hope Honda decides to start production again soon. The 99 models saw a 5 HP increase to make it 200 HP(Base model seems fasteR than the SH MODEL), which is more than the type r integra stock. Exterior styling still turnsheads todaY and the interior is not bad. Under the hood we see one of the biggest stock honda 4 cylinder motors at 2.2 liters and the added bonus of VTECH MAKES THIS BABY SCREAM AFTER 5500 RPM. The one thing I have not like about hondas as I have previously owned a 00 civic si and 95 GSR integra is the clutches in the cars stock are not very heavy duty especially during racing. Overall the lude is the best sporty honda out there

NOTHING IS PERFECT...
By KRITTYD on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

COULDN'T ASK FOR MORE FOR THE PRICE!