1998 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: Honda prelude review

1998 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Honda prelude review
By Bdawg22 on

1998 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1998 Base model Honda prelude about 3 months ago for 7,000 dollars at a used car dealership with 104k miles. When I bought it, it had a few aftermarket features such as DC sport headers, apexi n1 exhaust and lowering springs. I was looking for a good car to buy all around and the prelude fit my description perfectly, decent price range, good gas mileage, speedy car and reliable. The car is pretty quick my kill list includes Mitsubishi 3000GT, Every truck that has ever raced me, Audi TT turbo'd and any v6 mustang. The only problem I have had is the vinyl plastic under the windows both dried up and crusted off (common problem which is a pretty easy fix) and maybe cheap paint?

Vtec is great, body style and handling is great also. Overall an amazing vehicle and I would suggest it to anyone thinking about buying it.

The paint seems to chip easily, the vinyl plastic under windows dries up and crusts easily, I have read that the automatic transmissions are really bad and usually break down so get a manual.