1998 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: 1998 honda prelude base

1998 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

1998 honda prelude base
By nick on

1998 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

I'll start with the performance. The stock hp/torque is pretty good, allowing speeds of 140 easily. The clutch and tranny work as if god created them himself. Having blown a motor already, I suggest lowering your VTEC settings. VTEC engages using oil pressures, so the higher the setting, the quicker you burn oil, and possibly running dry too quick. Sure you'll lose some hp, but you'll gain fuel economy. So overall it's an amazing car, but if using aftermarket parts, I suggest letting Honda dealerships and legit Hondadata operators tune and maintain you're car.

Its looks, after a body kit, spoiler, and 18s. The handling considering the sway bars, and suspension set-up. Trust me, going around a corner with a suggested mph of 25 at 40 or 50 is worth those upgrades. The one feature I'm sure every guy will enjoy is the attention from others it will get you.

Improved torque, same HP as JDM/EDM preludes, less blind spots. I guess a 6 spd tranny would be cool too!