1998 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: My Baby

1998 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My Baby
By StClingin on

1998 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

I own the tiptronic model, standard 2.2L, no fancy wancy vtec. Overall the Prelude is a beautiful car, thankfully the previous owners kept up the servicing and didn't thrash the living daylights out of it. My model is completely stock, straight out of the box, and I am very impressed. Tiptronic is great, you have the choice of just cruising around town in auto mode, or slapping the stick over to the side and drive it like a manual, changing gears without lifting the throttle - an added bonus. Great for open road cruising (Auckland to Cape Reinga and back (done 950+KM in two days) Excellent car. No nonsense. Safe. Reliable. End of story. Buy it!

Tiptronic, just can't beat it.

Passengers in the back seat have complained about the seats being too up-right (vertically). The front headlights are it's biggest downpoint in my opinion. Window wipers need to have an adjustable delay time instead of a set timer. Upholstery is a pain in the rear to vacuum, worst I've come across.