1998 Honda Prelude Type SH - Consumer Reviews

Type SH 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )
Great car!
By Plugger on 04/13/08 06:35 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

I own a 98 SH. This car is fabulous. Its fun, extremely low maintenance, quick, easy to drive and has curb appeal. The paint and finish are remarkable. Mechanically - its bullet proof. Check the oil with each tank of fuel though.... it's a vtec thing.

Wow
By Jason on 06/14/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

You're in a front wheel drive car... You floor it at the light and make your left turn with your foot to the floor, yet there is no tire squeal and the car just pulls you through the turn with a serious growl, you steer even harder left and the back slowly starts to kick out. Is this car rear wheel drive or did Honda truly fix front wheel drive understeer. The latter. Every front wheel drive car should have ATTS! So much fun to drive!

1998 Prelude SH
By Don Boynton on 12/30/05 15:34 PM (PST)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

The car is fun to drive, and corners well. The car needs more HP (195 HP), but the car still zips along. Overall its a good car!

MY LIFE=MY LUDE SH
By John Smith on 12/10/05 01:53 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

I own a Prelude SH with 105k miles, it just runs amazing, in my school we have started a prelude team, we have in our school alone 5 preludes, each memeber put in alot of effort in finding one. i have to only SH out of the group, and even though i have the most milage i can take any of thier ludes, you just have to take care of them, u cant drive em like a camry, u have to have a compassionate love for the car so you will put in money and time, my weekdays are all school and work, and my weekends are all for my prelude. the ATTS SH is amazing, you will feel the difference people! over all it was my dream car and i finally got it, and people turn thier heads twice when my SH rolls by all stk

Bought new
By phil/pshephard on 05/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

The ATTS really makes this car handle well, but it does prevent you from doing significant power upgrades. I'v been driving it for over 5 years, and still love it!

I love my Honda
By Nan Wade on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

I have driven Honda's for years, keeping them several years before trading in. I always know it will start and I am safe in it. I wouldn't drive anything el

great car too bad it isn't made anymore
By 14sierra on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

I love my prelude. It has distinctive styling, good fuel mileage, and great handling. Also preludes are relatively rare (compared to civics, accords, and integras). The only critisism I can give is it needs about 30-40 more hp. I would buy another prelude but unfortunately honda has moved on to the s2000.

Great handling, but not enough power!
By Street Racer on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

Prelude SH, it grips on to the road like a lion hunting for its prey, but runs like a buffalo. Too heavy and not enough horse power to support its weight. I drive my prelude 7 days a week, averaging 90 miles a day, and I drive it hard. Only problem with the car, engine makes flapping sound between 1200-2300 RPM. A common problem for prelude engine. My previous 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gs-T had better performance with less price tag. If you want great handling car, Prelude SH is the one for you.

unbeatable performance/reliability value
By chuckyr on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

Want a car that doesn't look like every other 'boy racer' yet fits four, handles as well as any front wheel driver, is fast, gets decent mileage (when you're not blasting around), and is 100% reliable? There is no better choice.

Not to Shabby!! :)
By P. H. on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Honda Prelude Type SH Type SH 2dr Coupe

Have used in a roadrace application. Still very durable and dependable. Good high speed stability. Great every day driver, good balnce between suspension handling and comfort.