Used 1997 Honda Prelude Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Prelude Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

excellent
By Kristin Nelson

1997 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

Overall I like my car, it has held up well considering the miles I have put on it. I did have it in the shop for over 3 days for an ignition recall that honda did not inform me of and the dealer was unaware of. This has been my only down fall.

speed shifter and sunroof

Great Handling but not very quick
By fishboy

1997 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

This car feels like it is on rails going into a turn. It is the best handling car I have ever driven and can do some amazing things even in the rain. The ride is very nice, not jarring. Having driven V8 engined cars exclusively prior to this car I do miss the torque of a strong motor. The 2.2 puts out a lot of power for it's size but that power doesn't come on until 5,000 rpm. It is hard to get a good launch off the line because you either spin the tires or you end up waiting for the rpms to hit the vtec range. Not a great straight line vehicle. The engine is very smooth even up the 8,000 rpm fuel cutoff.

Ride, handling, and smooth shifting are hard to beat.

Needs more horsepower to make it more exciting. Could use a telescoping steering column. I'm 6 ft and when I adjust correctly for the pedals the steering wheel is a long stretch. Visibility is only fair (one reason why I got in an accident). Headroom is non- existent for tall people.

owner
By gemini0229

best car I've eve owned

Good Car
By M2SEWELL

1997 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

My Honda Prelude has been a very good car. I have had no serious problems and it is very fun to drive. I like the quickness of this car.

Vtech

Maybe make it even faster. Also, have aluminum trim inside.

Can hold its own agains most cars
By rlee

1997 Honda Prelude Coupe 2dr Coupe

Hi y'all, My parents bought me my first car 2 years ago, a brand spanken new prelude in black. This car is great. Acceleration is good, handling is superb and it looks great. I think this car is best in its class, u can even compare its performance to bmw's and benz's coupes. The build quality is excellent. the sastisfaction of a pure manual...its too bad they stope making them..oh well, i guess that makes them more unique.

-tiptronic, its almost as good as a pure manual; the handling is great b/c of increased body rigidity, and it looks so unique.

-increase torque, either add a turbo or make it a v6