Used 1997 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

One of the best car Honda came out with
By Pha

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

This is the car I wanted ever since it came out in 1997. Now I finally have one. I use to have a 92 civic hatchback vx with a swap and it can't even compare to my prelude. The prelude handles better, looks better, and has the power all in one. I get compliments on it all the time. It's not a car you see everyday on the road. And it's not a car everyone has like a civic, integra, or accord. Buy one you won't regret it.

Vtec, moonroof, a/c, cruise control(I use this alot on long trips), and power doorlocks and windows.

Better cup holders and speakers.

Lude View
By Kayla

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

This car in my opinion is wonderful. If you take care of it, not many things are going to go wrong over the years. I mean yes the interior isn't the most stylih around,but if it bothers the owner that bad they can have it modified. Sometimes the parts tend to be a little more pricy that others, but all well worth it, i mean again it is a Honda. The gas is good, but it takes the most expensive kind, which burns slower and lasts longer! Overall...I LOVE my car!

The flat lights and crome "Prelude" emblem on the back gets me! Also the sporttronic shifter is fun to drive with!

The only improvement I would suggest is better stereo quality and leather seats, which were not offered in this year model in hondas effort to reduce prices of their new cars!

Very Underrated
By freuger

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

I recently bought my Honda Prelude and it is by far the best car I've ever owned. Stock Preludes are decent to look at, but when you stick a good looking body kit on, this car gleams. I have had so many compliments on this car that sometimes I literally have to excuse myself from them in leiu of having to leave! Stock, this engine pushes out 195hp and from a 4 banger! Just imagine what a super charger or turbo and some bolt ons could do to this, a turbo alone could probably push it into the 300hp range. Stock exhaust sounds great on this machine, and the limited slip differential tranny makes this car have the smoothest shifting in any manual I've driven. You wont regret buying a Prelude

195 hp out of a 4 cylinder, awesome transmission, great looks inside and out, Honda quality that lasts and lasts.

It is a bit on the heavy side. This car wants you to drive it fast, and so you use a lot more gas in it than is usual for a four banger. But, if you need a fuel economic sports car, don't rule it out, it will still get at least 22mpg.

Great Car
By Prelude Lover

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new, 7 years ago. No problems to report. The car still looks and runs like new. My partner bought an Integra a few months prior to my purchase. She's currently looking to replace the Integra - although the Prelude and Integra are very, very similar the Prelude has been a much better car.

Sport shifting, stereo, comfortable front seat

Back seat is too small

incredible handling
By arnieg

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

This car has amazing performance particularly the handling when equipped with the "SH" option. Corners like on a rail at twice the recommended speed. A bit noisy but music to the sports car lover's ears. Was a bit overpriced in the beginning but now represents one of the best sports car values available. Acoustic sound system is the best standard system I have had so far.

handling, acceleration, design, Honda reliability

Would have preferred leather interior and miss a remote entry/alarm.

• SUV