1997 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews 3

1997 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
97 Prelude
By Krisl20 on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

Great car. Little slow off the line but when that V-tech kicks in there is some power. Very reliable car just like any other honda made. Awesome gas mileage and a great looking car. A little uncomfortable for me being 6'1" Knees hit the side where the CD player is located.

97 HONDA PRELUDE
By DAVID on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

MY WIFE AND I BOUGHT THIS CAR NEW. IT HAS BEEN A OK CAR. WE HAVE HAD SOME PROBLEMS WITH IT. SINCE NEW WE HAVE PUT 2 RACK AND PINIONS,TRANSMISSION,AND HAVE HAD SERVICE LOOK AT THE SUN ROOF MANY TIMES FOR SLOW OPENING.

i miss my prelude
By bluemerle on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

Drove it for six years and loved it. Just bought an SUV and wish i still had a fun fast car. Not one single mechanical problem in six years! Amazing.

Amazing
By PreludeEh on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

Great first car. Great perfromance and handling! Extremely reliable, a lot of fun to drive and decent fuel economy.

excellent
By Kristin Nelson on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

Overall I like my car, it has held up well considering the miles I have put on it. I did have it in the shop for over 3 days for an ignition recall that honda did not inform me of and the dealer was unaware of. This has been my only down fall.

Great Handling but not very quick
By fishboy on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

This car feels like it is on rails going into a turn. It is the best handling car I have ever driven and can do some amazing things even in the rain. The ride is very nice, not jarring. Having driven V8 engined cars exclusively prior to this car I do miss the torque of a strong motor. The 2.2 puts out a lot of power for it's size but that power doesn't come on until 5,000 rpm. It is hard to get a good launch off the line because you either spin the tires or you end up waiting for the rpms to hit the vtec range. Not a great straight line vehicle. The engine is very smooth even up the 8,000 rpm fuel cutoff.

owner
By gemini0229 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

best car I've eve owned

Good Car
By M2SEWELL on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

My Honda Prelude has been a very good car. I have had no serious problems and it is very fun to drive. I like the quickness of this car.

Prelude Type SH with ATTS is amazing!
By tilenius on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I've had my Honda Prelude Type SH for almost 6 years now and LOVE it! It's been a joy to drive every day! Honda's Active Torque Transfer System is truly amazing! This comes only on the Type SH model. This feature basically makes the OUTSIDE wheels on a turn go FASTER than the inside wheels, and can transfer up to 80% of the torque to those wheels. The result is almost NO understeer and amazing road-hugging ability. This has to be one of the best-handling cars on the market. It's been 100% reliable, no problems, except a slight rattle around the moonroof. Honda is so incredibly reliable!

Can hold its own agains most cars
By rlee on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Prelude 2dr Coupe

Hi y'all, My parents bought me my first car 2 years ago, a brand spanken new prelude in black. This car is great. Acceleration is good, handling is superb and it looks great. I think this car is best in its class, u can even compare its performance to bmw's and benz's coupes. The build quality is excellent. the sastisfaction of a pure manual...its too bad they stope making them..oh well, i guess that makes them more unique.