Used 1997 Honda Prelude Type SH Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

Nothing comes close
By Pluded

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I bought my SH brand new and basically drove the wheels off of it. It is by far, the best handling vehicle I have ever driven. It was more than enough power and the engine is a true gem. The drive train is refined and a step above anything in the Honda lineup even till this day. The Acura TSX/RSX comes close but I still prefer the Prelude overall. I sold it with over 300K and have regretted it ever since. I am currently looking for another one! If you have a chance to pick one up..just do it.

Handling, engine, styling and refinement.

Honda, just make a new one!! I'll be the first in line.

1997 Type SH
By Jerry

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I purchased my type SH new in 1997. I just put a new clutch in at 239,500 or so miles. The interior is like new. I need to address some very minor rust on rear wheel wells and that is all. I had to extend my clutch petal by an inch or so to make the car more comfortable. Other than that I love this car. It is so comfortable and fun to drive and gets 26 MPG at very aggressive driving speeds. If you can find one that has been taken care of buy it.

Styling, comfort, power.

remove the tail end of the speedometer needle. At highway speed it covers one digit of the odometer. A six speed would be nice.

Its my 2nd Prelude!
By Dana

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

No one believes my car is a '97! I try to keep it in great shape and definitely keep it serviced. If only I could keep those SUV folks from running me off the road since they don't see me "down here", life in my Prelude would be perfect! But what am I to do when its time to retire this one, since Honda pulled production?? Hopefully that day won't come anytime soon...

That engine, of course! The wide stance grabs the road and hangs on even on curvy curves...

Uh, put it back into production, maybe?

Amazing Vehicle to Own!
By Lance Richards

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

My Prelude is just un-describable!! I purchased this car with 119,000 miles on it and it performs like it has 19,000. It's amazingly clean and will last me years to come! So go out and buy one A.S.A.P you wont regret it!!

The Prelude's looks are awsome....they dont look like every other car out on the streets. Another thing I love about the prelude is the sound of the V-Tec when it kicks in at 5,100 RPM's...it will give you goosebumps and will have other drivers woundering "what was that"

If you are 6'3 you may have a tight fit inside the car, and also there is no room in the back seat for passegers, its stricktly a 2 person car!

Great Car
By Prelude Lover

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new, 7 years ago. No problems to report. The car still looks and runs like new. My partner bought an Integra a few months prior to my purchase. She's currently looking to replace the Integra - although the Prelude and Integra are very, very similar the Prelude has been a much better car.

Sport shifting, stereo, comfortable front seat

Back seat is too small