1997 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
Nothing comes close
By Pluded on 04/07/10 18:10 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I bought my SH brand new and basically drove the wheels off of it. It is by far, the best handling vehicle I have ever driven. It was more than enough power and the engine is a true gem. The drive train is refined and a step above anything in the Honda lineup even till this day. The Acura TSX/RSX comes close but I still prefer the Prelude overall. I sold it with over 300K and have regretted it ever since. I am currently looking for another one! If you have a chance to pick one up..just do it.

1997 Type SH
By Jerry on 07/30/08 15:33 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I purchased my type SH new in 1997. I just put a new clutch in at 239,500 or so miles. The interior is like new. I need to address some very minor rust on rear wheel wells and that is all. I had to extend my clutch petal by an inch or so to make the car more comfortable. Other than that I love this car. It is so comfortable and fun to drive and gets 26 MPG at very aggressive driving speeds. If you can find one that has been taken care of buy it.

Its my 2nd Prelude!
By Dana on 12/23/06 14:48 PM (PST)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

No one believes my car is a '97! I try to keep it in great shape and definitely keep it serviced. If only I could keep those SUV folks from running me off the road since they don't see me "down here", life in my Prelude would be perfect! But what am I to do when its time to retire this one, since Honda pulled production?? Hopefully that day won't come anytime soon...

Amazing Vehicle to Own!
By Lance Richards on 08/04/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

My Prelude is just un-describable!! I purchased this car with 119,000 miles on it and it performs like it has 19,000. It's amazingly clean and will last me years to come! So go out and buy one A.S.A.P you wont regret it!!

Great Car
By Prelude Lover on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new, 7 years ago. No problems to report. The car still looks and runs like new. My partner bought an Integra a few months prior to my purchase. She's currently looking to replace the Integra - although the Prelude and Integra are very, very similar the Prelude has been a much better car.

incredible handling
By arnieg on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

This car has amazing performance particularly the handling when equipped with the "SH" option. Corners like on a rail at twice the recommended speed. A bit noisy but music to the sports car lover's ears. Was a bit overpriced in the beginning but now represents one of the best sports car values available. Acoustic sound system is the best standard system I have had so far.

97 TYPE SH
By HYELUDE on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

Awesome car! For the price nothing comes close to its performance. I get a lot of attention in this car. I average about 22mpg in town driving. I have 86K miles on it and have only changed the timing belt, water pump and slave cylinder on the car.

TIRES
By CHRIS CALLIES on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I LOVE MY CAR..........EXCEPT THE ORIGINAL BRIDGESTONE POTENZA TIRES WERE DEFECTIVE...4 FLAT TIRES IN 2 YEARS & NO ONE WOULD ASSUME THE FAULT..EVEN THOUGH REMEMBER ALL THE FIRESTONE TIRES RECALLED........SAME MANUFACTURER!!

97 Prelude
By Krisl20 on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

Great car. Little slow off the line but when that V-tech kicks in there is some power. Very reliable car just like any other honda made. Awesome gas mileage and a great looking car. A little uncomfortable for me being 6'1" Knees hit the side where the CD player is located.

Prelude Type SH with ATTS is amazing!
By tilenius on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Honda Prelude Type SH 2dr Coupe

I've had my Honda Prelude Type SH for almost 6 years now and LOVE it! It's been a joy to drive every day! Honda's Active Torque Transfer System is truly amazing! This comes only on the Type SH model. This feature basically makes the OUTSIDE wheels on a turn go FASTER than the inside wheels, and can transfer up to 80% of the torque to those wheels. The result is almost NO understeer and amazing road-hugging ability. This has to be one of the best-handling cars on the market. It's been 100% reliable, no problems, except a slight rattle around the moonroof. Honda is so incredibly reliable!