1996 Honda Prelude Si - Consumer Reviews

Si 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (13 reviews )
honda's best
By preludedude96 on 04/23/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 96 si 1 year ago with 127k miles on it the only thing I have had to fix on it is the clutch and a rear wheel bearing this car is by far the most reliable car I've ever had. If you are looking at this trying to decide if you should buy one stop thinking and go get it.

I waited so long!
By Nathan on 09/02/07 22:51 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I decided in November of 2006 that I wanted a Prelude Si. I looked for over 8 months for one with low miles that I could afford. I finally found one, drove over 200 miles just to look at it, then bought it and drove it straight home. The car has given me no drivability problems whatsoever! The condenser fan was replaced, and all fluids changed as soon as we got home. I love how this car drives. Even the 4spd auto makes great high RPM shifts and knows just how to handle the amazing power put out by this fuel efficient 4cyl. (On the hwy that is.) The interior styling is extremely driver freindly and the exterior is timeless as this 11 year old car looks better than most 2008s! I love it

Best Car on the Planet!
By Cole Pizzingrilli on 04/19/05 04:14 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVE my 1996 Honda Prelude! It has always been my dream car, and ever since I bought it it has exceeded my expectations. I have never seen an inside dash as cool as the '92-'96 Prelude's. I just wish I had VTEC though. They are way to hard to get ahold of.

1st Honda, finally!
By n_stemp on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

1st off this forum has been VERY helpful to me. I researched ALOT of cars for hrs upon hrs and I had no doubt that I wanted a Honda, I found a few preludes, on line, and the one I purchased was 400 miles/8 hrs (round trip) away from where I live! I made trip to test drive and fell in love, bought it right there on the spot! I had to have a friend drive me back to pick it up on another day. This car is VERY fun to drive, I've been in my Dodge intrepid ('95 3.3 ltr) for 4.5 yrs, it is more comfortable.. but that's to be expected. I test drove 3 NEW honda'a ('05 accord, 04 civic ex, 04 civic lx) and this car ('96!) out peerformed all 3! new cars don't have the balls anymore.. fuel efficiency?

Love it...
By Adrian P. on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and im lovin every minute of it. My Prelude: www.cardomain.com/id/pelka

Why did Honda stop making these?
By makeemagagainhonda on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

Been driving this car for 8 years. Recently replaced radiator and repaired the ABS, but other than that no problems at all.Can't think of any other actual repairs that have had to be done, just kept on the regular maintenance schedule. This is my second Prelude. Kept the 1st one 8 years as well.

Sweet Car
By Nixon351 on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

Im 16 years old and to have the 96SI as my first car has been a blast, Stock the car has amazing tourqe for a 4cylinder and it has NO problem going from a redlight to 60MPH. Interior is well done with the electronic dash and in your face tweeters. Back seat is a lil on the small side and to sit in the back requires serious help from the peeps in the front. Dont stop me tho. my cars pushing 7 years old and it hardly shows it, Stock rims on the Ludes could have been a little better tho, the stock Alloys are hideous. but nothing $1700s worth of rims and tires wont fix..... the car is the one of the best looking cars from 96 fo sho.

Best Car in the World
By My lil Lude on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

Perfect beautiful car. Couldn't ask for more.

One of my favorites
By SnoopDoug on 07/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I have driven everything from old muscle cars, to new Vettes and even a '96 Viper GTS. I must say that I love this car, overall, more than those. At least for the money. I get 31MPG with the A/C on!! How can you beat that? I have always loved how the car looks too. It's just got an "evil" look when viewed from the front.

Love the 'lude
By The Forsaken on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I always loved the styling of the 92-96 preludes, I don't care what edmunds says. I bought mine with about 88,000 miles on it. Over 100,000 now with no problems at all. A fast car with an insanely wicked stock growl. oh and it's curb weight is 2,866lbs NOT 3,866 as stated in one of the other reviews. I'ts not a freakin Camaro for crying out loud.