Used 1996 Honda Prelude Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

honda's best
By preludedude96

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 96 si 1 year ago with 127k miles on it the only thing I have had to fix on it is the clutch and a rear wheel bearing this car is by far the most reliable car I've ever had. If you are looking at this trying to decide if you should buy one stop thinking and go get it.

The digital gauge cluster. perfect 5 speed transmission and the powerful h23 engine. way to go Honda!

front and rear seats. there really is nothing else bad to say about a prelude.

I waited so long!
By Nathan

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I decided in November of 2006 that I wanted a Prelude Si. I looked for over 8 months for one with low miles that I could afford. I finally found one, drove over 200 miles just to look at it, then bought it and drove it straight home. The car has given me no drivability problems whatsoever! The condenser fan was replaced, and all fluids changed as soon as we got home. I love how this car drives. Even the 4spd auto makes great high RPM shifts and knows just how to handle the amazing power put out by this fuel efficient 4cyl. (On the hwy that is.) The interior styling is extremely driver freindly and the exterior is timeless as this 11 year old car looks better than most 2008s! I love it

Hugging bucket seats, electro- luminescent display, peppy engine, power everything, handles on a dime!

Adaptive shift quality (smoother in normal driving), fuel economy in town, Honda need to bring this model back.

Best Car on the Planet!
By Cole Pizzingrilli

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVE my 1996 Honda Prelude! It has always been my dream car, and ever since I bought it it has exceeded my expectations. I have never seen an inside dash as cool as the '92-'96 Prelude's. I just wish I had VTEC though. They are way to hard to get ahold of.

I love the entire exterior body, especially the front with the wide wheel wells. Also fell in love with the all digital dash at first sight. I find the dash design simply genious.

No suggestions, except that more VTEC models should have been made. I like to know how fast the 92-96 Prelude VTEC really feels.

1st Honda, finally!
By n_stemp

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

1st off this forum has been VERY helpful to me. I researched ALOT of cars for hrs upon hrs and I had no doubt that I wanted a Honda, I found a few preludes, on line, and the one I purchased was 400 miles/8 hrs (round trip) away from where I live! I made trip to test drive and fell in love, bought it right there on the spot! I had to have a friend drive me back to pick it up on another day. This car is VERY fun to drive, I've been in my Dodge intrepid ('95 3.3 ltr) for 4.5 yrs, it is more comfortable.. but that's to be expected. I test drove 3 NEW honda'a ('05 accord, 04 civic ex, 04 civic lx) and this car ('96!) out peerformed all 3! new cars don't have the balls anymore.. fuel efficiency?

Low end pick up. this carr TAKES OFF! I can't beleive it's a '96/ 4 cyl. I drove my friends '04 (3wks old!) aztek down to pick my car up and could feel a difference in pickup and handling on ride home. Honda's rule.. get one, even if high miles. Many friends have/had honda's, PROVEN quality..Get one

Bring back preludes! Thee coolest honda ever, although small. Honda needs to make higher hrse pwr engines available as option to those who like to drive. I am not that worried about fuel prices.. It's a honda! 1.17 hp civic LX.. no balls at all even w/ vtec, same for EX 1.27ish. Make fun cars again!

Love it...
By Adrian P.

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and im lovin every minute of it. My Prelude: www.cardomain.com/id/pelka

Suspension