1996 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
Perfect Car for me
By dezern on 07/10/12 08:28 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

When I was younger my friends all wanted a prelude, but i was too young to car except in video games, but when I got my Prelude I fell in love with it. Reliable, beautiful styling and scary fast after a little bit of work. I would reccomend this car to anyone who asked. She's a beautiful car, inside and out

Amazing Car
By Tom McGean on 05/01/10 05:42 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

This is an amazing vehicle. First car I have ever owned, I got it when I was 16. Dropped suspension and a shift kit makes this baby fly and it handles like a pro. I love flying into parking lots and putting the car into a space at 30 mph. Blows my friends mind. Hilarious to crush Mustang Cobras and VWs at stop lights. Very rare and hard to find car that looks fantastic. Interior is cramped, don't expect to make any trips over 30min with someone in the back seat without them complaining incessantly. Gauges are a little silly, and the glare at night can be tough, but the lighting can be lowered. Looks sick with some interior neon and a Kenwood though. All in all, a fantastic car

First Car, and Never Regretted It
By NewPreludeOwner on 02/13/10 18:54 PM (PST)

1996 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

Bought this car in July of '09 from a fellow service member. Never regretted it. Fun as hell to drive, extremely reliable, and I bought it with over 129k miles on it! It seems I had the extreme luck to purchase the VTEC, and it was well worth the $3500 I paid for it! No engine problems, only had to fix the brakes because of a broken after-market caliper and change out two gaskets on the exhaust system from aftermarket headers. No problems with the original vehicle! A great car to those who are looking for one, and I plan on keeping this thing for years! Smooth 5-Speed, responsive engine, and with some aftermarket upgrades, 29 average MGP! Keep in mind I drive 60 miles to and from college.

honda's best
By preludedude96 on 04/23/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 96 si 1 year ago with 127k miles on it the only thing I have had to fix on it is the clutch and a rear wheel bearing this car is by far the most reliable car I've ever had. If you are looking at this trying to decide if you should buy one stop thinking and go get it.

I waited so long!
By Nathan on 09/02/07 22:51 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I decided in November of 2006 that I wanted a Prelude Si. I looked for over 8 months for one with low miles that I could afford. I finally found one, drove over 200 miles just to look at it, then bought it and drove it straight home. The car has given me no drivability problems whatsoever! The condenser fan was replaced, and all fluids changed as soon as we got home. I love how this car drives. Even the 4spd auto makes great high RPM shifts and knows just how to handle the amazing power put out by this fuel efficient 4cyl. (On the hwy that is.) The interior styling is extremely driver freindly and the exterior is timeless as this 11 year old car looks better than most 2008s! I love it

My Prelude VTEC
By Brian K. on 07/26/05 17:08 PM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

I really love this car. It is very fun to drive, it's comfortable on long trips, and even somewhat practical. I've driven it on a race track, and it kept me on top of more than few Corvette C5s. The engine is sweet, the transmission is one of the best I've ever sampled, and the handling is supurb for a FWD vehicle. Also, fuel economy is acceptable, and the reliability is bulletproof. The interior is very roomy (I'm 6'5" and I fit fine). The design is a bit controversial, but I love it, and so do all of my friends. If you have the chance, get one. You will not be disappointed. I plan on driving mine until it dies, then I'll rebuild it and drive it more.

Best Car on the Planet!
By Cole Pizzingrilli on 04/19/05 04:14 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVE my 1996 Honda Prelude! It has always been my dream car, and ever since I bought it it has exceeded my expectations. I have never seen an inside dash as cool as the '92-'96 Prelude's. I just wish I had VTEC though. They are way to hard to get ahold of.

1st Honda, finally!
By n_stemp on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

1st off this forum has been VERY helpful to me. I researched ALOT of cars for hrs upon hrs and I had no doubt that I wanted a Honda, I found a few preludes, on line, and the one I purchased was 400 miles/8 hrs (round trip) away from where I live! I made trip to test drive and fell in love, bought it right there on the spot! I had to have a friend drive me back to pick it up on another day. This car is VERY fun to drive, I've been in my Dodge intrepid ('95 3.3 ltr) for 4.5 yrs, it is more comfortable.. but that's to be expected. I test drove 3 NEW honda'a ('05 accord, 04 civic ex, 04 civic lx) and this car ('96!) out peerformed all 3! new cars don't have the balls anymore.. fuel efficiency?

Love it...
By Adrian P. on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and im lovin every minute of it. My Prelude: www.cardomain.com/id/pelka

Why did Honda stop making these?
By makeemagagainhonda on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Been driving this car for 8 years. Recently replaced radiator and repaired the ABS, but other than that no problems at all.Can't think of any other actual repairs that have had to be done, just kept on the regular maintenance schedule. This is my second Prelude. Kept the 1st one 8 years as well.