1995 Honda Prelude 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Strangely Underrated

1995 Honda Prelude Coupe - Consumer Review

Strangely Underrated
By Crawdaddy79 on

1995 Honda Prelude SE 2dr Coupe

Strangers continually compliment me on my Civic or Accord, and I tell them it's a Prelude, and they get surprised. This car is 8 years old (it's a 95)this model has been around since '92, which makes it 10+ years of chance that you've had to know what it was. They are surprised to find out that it is faster than a formidably upgraded Civic (!) (even stock/non-VTEC Preludes). Preludes are not in production any longer because people have some sort of fascination with Civics that sound like weedwhackers. Mine has 120,000+ miles on it.. No mechanical problems as of yet, and no signs of future ones.

Favorite Features

The Dashboard makes it look like you are driving a space ship. Leather seats are very comfortable. Plenty of power (even though it's the 160 HP engine). Looks, looks, looks. Reliablity - I'm very hard on the brakes and I corner and accelerate hard often. None of that phases this car.

Suggested Improvements

There's no glove box in this model! Often used electrical controls (Sunroof, Cruise Control, Windows, Locks) are in inconvenient spots. Nowhere for driver to comfortably rest left arm (maybe it should stay on the steering wheel anyway), or the passenger's right arm.