Used 1995 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

1995 Honda Prelude

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

Most Helpful|
Spread the good word!
By Prelude kid

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I love this car! the Prelude had the styling and performance to jerk me away from the dog-slow Eclipse GS that I'd been hooked on since watching The Fast and the Furious. It's handling is reminiscent of a Stingray ie: the faster you go, the more she just wants to suck to the pavement. Spread the word people! I got mine for $6500 and can blow away any eclipse in my town. This is a very good, and VERY underrated car. Civics can't touch her and the new V-6 Eclipse gets a very good competition on the highway from the 'lude. I stand 5'9" and it's very comfortable to drive, as long as nobody has the misfortune of sitting behind me.

Favorite Features

4-spd automatic. Much more aggressive than any other automatic I've ever driven. That fourth gear makes her almost as quick as a standard, but don't think of hard acceleration in D4. Drop down to D1, tap through the gears maually, and you'll see just what the 'lude can do.

Suggested Improvements

It's an older car and the body style has been discontinued so I don't think an suggestions can help, other than to say I wish I had a larger back seat (friends find out how well their knees fit into their eye sockets)

Nice sportscar
By SD Rider

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

My GSR was stolen ended up with this. Decent acceleration. Need suspension kit to push its limits. Need new wheel/tire package 16"rims on 205/45/16 v-rated tires are all you need. Plenty of aftermarket parts (but more expensive compared to gsr/civic parts).

Favorite Features

Light display is cool looking. Sporty seats. Good acceleration from 2.3 non- VTEC engine. Excellent handling with aftermarket parts. Looks great (even though slightly long). Wide sportscar.

Suggested Improvements

One small cup holder. Car is too freakin long. Honda could have chopped the front a bit... probably would handle better. Rust on sunroof and metal piece between rear window and trunk hood. Rear seat somewhat comfortable for midgets or kids only. Honda too cheap to install stock front stab bar.

1995 Prelude Si
By 2.3Si

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a couple months ago and I must say it's great. The only thing is that my paints faded on parts of it but it runs great and has extremely good performance. It picks up pretty quickly for a four cylinder car. It's also very good on gas.

Favorite Features

My favorite has to be the dashboard.

Suggested Improvements

Add some fog lights.

Strangely Underrated
By Crawdaddy79

1995 Honda Prelude SE 2dr Coupe

Strangers continually compliment me on my Civic or Accord, and I tell them it's a Prelude, and they get surprised. This car is 8 years old (it's a 95)this model has been around since '92, which makes it 10+ years of chance that you've had to know what it was. They are surprised to find out that it is faster than a formidably upgraded Civic (!) (even stock/non-VTEC Preludes). Preludes are not in production any longer because people have some sort of fascination with Civics that sound like weedwhackers. Mine has 120,000+ miles on it.. No mechanical problems as of yet, and no signs of future ones.

Favorite Features

The Dashboard makes it look like you are driving a space ship. Leather seats are very comfortable. Plenty of power (even though it's the 160 HP engine). Looks, looks, looks. Reliablity - I'm very hard on the brakes and I corner and accelerate hard often. None of that phases this car.

Suggested Improvements

There's no glove box in this model! Often used electrical controls (Sunroof, Cruise Control, Windows, Locks) are in inconvenient spots. Nowhere for driver to comfortably rest left arm (maybe it should stay on the steering wheel anyway), or the passenger's right arm.

honda prelude si 2.3
By justin

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

all and all its a good first car but if speed isn't important to you then its a great car.

Favorite Features

the interior is what gets me i love the design

Suggested Improvements

the sunroof rusts out over the years