1995 Honda Prelude Si Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

1995 Prelude Consumer Reviews

Si 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (11 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

95 'lude
By isaiah2

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

Bought mine a year ago with 180k miles, now at 190k. A fun car to drive, not especially fast but good in the corners, better than most 4wd cars I've driven. Get compliments and questions about it anywhere I go, definitely has some curb appeal. MPGs aren't as good as I expected, but 25 city/highway isn't bad. Reliability is Honda... some wheel well rust, but according to the service records only minor repairs til 150-200k miles, then you have to replace shocks, hoses, etc...

Favorite Features

Looks, cornering

Suggested Improvements

turbo? and watch out for repairs.

1995 Prelude Si
By Murrell

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I have had my prelude for 5 years now and i have put a total of 85,000 miles on it. It has been the most fun car to drive I have ever had. It still has the same amount of power since the day i bought it. Actually a little more because of a few mods. I added a cold air intake and a full exhaust. The sound of the car is amazing. I have nothing bad to say about it. It is a totally reliable car. With the mods i made i get about 28.5 miles per gal around town driving.

Favorite Features

I like the way the dash goes all the way across. I like the digital gas gauge and temp. gauge. I also like how the tachometer is the same size as the speedometer.

Suggested Improvements

The factory stereo system could be better. The back speakers should be at least 6by9s instead of 6.5s. And maybe come with a sub or something.

1995 Prelude Si
By 2.3Si

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a couple months ago and I must say it's great. The only thing is that my paints faded on parts of it but it runs great and has extremely good performance. It picks up pretty quickly for a four cylinder car. It's also very good on gas.

Favorite Features

My favorite has to be the dashboard.

Suggested Improvements

Add some fog lights.

honda prelude si 2.3
By justin

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

all and all its a good first car but if speed isn't important to you then its a great car.

Favorite Features

the interior is what gets me i love the design

Suggested Improvements

the sunroof rusts out over the years

Nice sportscar
By SD Rider

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

My GSR was stolen ended up with this. Decent acceleration. Need suspension kit to push its limits. Need new wheel/tire package 16"rims on 205/45/16 v-rated tires are all you need. Plenty of aftermarket parts (but more expensive compared to gsr/civic parts).

Favorite Features

Light display is cool looking. Sporty seats. Good acceleration from 2.3 non- VTEC engine. Excellent handling with aftermarket parts. Looks great (even though slightly long). Wide sportscar.

Suggested Improvements

One small cup holder. Car is too freakin long. Honda could have chopped the front a bit... probably would handle better. Rust on sunroof and metal piece between rear window and trunk hood. Rear seat somewhat comfortable for midgets or kids only. Honda too cheap to install stock front stab bar.

Honda Prelude
By kevo

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 1995 Honda Prelude about one year ago. I have put 20,000 miles on it and it still runs just as good as the day that I bought it. I have done some performance changes such as a carbon fiber hood, an exhaust, and a cold air intake. I am very impressed with the performance of the car. It has good pickup and drives very smooth.

Favorite Features

I think I like the design of the dash and the aerodynamic shape of the car.

Suggested Improvements

I cant think of any changes that should be made stock. I enjoy the way it is now.

It Just Keeps Going!
By Spirited

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 127000 miles on it. The car has been amazing. Nothing but normal service needed at 176000 miles. Runs great. I have never added a drop of oil Fun to drive. The car is driven every day and this includes a good bit of stop and go driving. Amazing vehicle. Only problem is a bit of paint fading from sitting out in the open all theise years.

Favorite Features

Lots of driving fun for the bucks!

Suggested Improvements

Braking could be improved. Upgraded braked components would do the trick.

Bombdiggy
By ALi Baba

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

this car is great and it looks like an expensive rich sporty car and its not which is good for middle class people....it drives really good can take sharp turns and it has quick acceleration and a lot of horespower for it being a four cylinder and its pretty good on gas

Favorite Features

the dashboard is like an airplane

Suggested Improvements

its bumpy on bad rough roads and the back seats are to small but i guess thats good so i wont have to drive people

fun to corner
By Fang

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

Whenever I made a sharp turn in my prelude, it just makes me feel handsome. The build quality is also outstanding. The only problem is that the car feels bumpy on uneven road. I think Honda could not avoid this problem since the car is too light.

Favorite Features

Engine and handling, interior design

Suggested Improvements

Brake needs more power

Prelude Power
By Prelude Driver

1995 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I used to drive a 95 Acura Integra GSR. The GSR was a fun car to drive. Excellent gas mileage. Fast. Redline at 8k rpm. Lacked torque from 0-40 mph...smaller engine 1.8L Prelude kicks butt. No need to replace shifter. Lots of power with 2.3L engine. Handles like it's on rails. Not us much aftermarket parts like GSR but there's enough parts to go around. I miss the high rev 8k rpm. Wish I had the 2.3L engine with the GSR body.

Favorite Features

Like the shifter. Interior feels like a fighter jet cockpit. 2.3L engine...good amount of torque for its value. Decent gas mileage. Plenty of room for speaker system.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had a traditional dashboard indicators and readings...I don't like the lit displays. Car is too long. Looks could improve by shaving a couple of inches from the front.