1995 Honda Prelude S Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

1995 Prelude Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

Sort Reviews by

Strong after all
By Oscar

1995 Honda Prelude Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

After 80,000 miles since I bought still running strong, got 160K miles now and still faster than many cars out there .. even in 2006 still turning some heads and getting compliments ... not bad for a 12 y.o. car =) I bought ricer tailights painted red/white and looks great now, also the 94 accord rear lip, helps.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, 2.3 engine, not loud, just good!

If you find one, BUY IT!!!
By Erik

1995 Honda Prelude Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 36,000 miles on it, and it was in near perfect condition. It now has 110,000 miles on it and runs almost as good as it did then. Outside of normal routine repairs or changes such as brakes, tires, oil changes, & tune-ups this car has never had any major repairs. I only just recently had to change a broken radiator, but if that's the worst of it, I'm happy. The body could be better because it has a tendency to rust in the rear quarter panel, but almost everything else about this car is perfect. I will never sell this car if I don't have to. I would rather spend the money to keep it forever. I only wish I could have found an SE model with a V-TEC and manual trans.

Favorite Features

The dash is so unique. The colors of the LED lights, speedo and tach are very soothing and appealing to the eyes. The forest green color on the SE's is sleek and the wheels they come with are much better than the standard models. Although it's a 4 cyl., this car has great get up and go.

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade the tires for better handling if you can. If you like a little more speed, like I do; a new exhaust and air intake will give you a good boost for not a lot of money. Also, if you need a better stereo, get a box because the speakers are hard to replace due to the cross bars for the trunk.

the best
By chris harris

1995 Honda Prelude Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

i have had nothing wrong with the car and it is the nices thing on the raid

Favorite Features

the looks and the built the speed

Suggested Improvements

you need to make it so that the lights on front would not come off on the out sideof the car

sick car
By Brian Cohn

1995 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

nice lookin nice drivin nice on money

look

Suggested Improvements

none

Prelude S
By Cardinal

1995 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Awesome car. Only thing its lacking is speed. Would love to have V-tech or Si.

Favorite Features

Interior styling.

Strangely Underrated
By Crawdaddy79

1995 Honda Prelude Coupe SE 2dr Coupe

Strangers continually compliment me on my Civic or Accord, and I tell them it's a Prelude, and they get surprised. This car is 8 years old (it's a 95)this model has been around since '92, which makes it 10+ years of chance that you've had to know what it was. They are surprised to find out that it is faster than a formidably upgraded Civic (!) (even stock/non-VTEC Preludes). Preludes are not in production any longer because people have some sort of fascination with Civics that sound like weedwhackers. Mine has 120,000+ miles on it.. No mechanical problems as of yet, and no signs of future ones.

Favorite Features

The Dashboard makes it look like you are driving a space ship. Leather seats are very comfortable. Plenty of power (even though it's the 160 HP engine). Looks, looks, looks. Reliablity - I'm very hard on the brakes and I corner and accelerate hard often. None of that phases this car.

Suggested Improvements

There's no glove box in this model! Often used electrical controls (Sunroof, Cruise Control, Windows, Locks) are in inconvenient spots. Nowhere for driver to comfortably rest left arm (maybe it should stay on the steering wheel anyway), or the passenger's right arm.