1995 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
95 'lude
By isaiah2 on 09/14/13 16:00 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Bought mine a year ago with 180k miles, now at 190k. A fun car to drive, not especially fast but good in the corners, better than most 4wd cars I've driven. Get compliments and questions about it anywhere I go, definitely has some curb appeal. MPGs aren't as good as I expected, but 25 city/highway isn't bad. Reliability is Honda... some wheel well rust, but according to the service records only minor repairs til 150-200k miles, then you have to replace shocks, hoses, etc...

1995 Prelude Si
By Murrell on 01/03/10 12:47 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I have had my prelude for 5 years now and i have put a total of 85,000 miles on it. It has been the most fun car to drive I have ever had. It still has the same amount of power since the day i bought it. Actually a little more because of a few mods. I added a cold air intake and a full exhaust. The sound of the car is amazing. I have nothing bad to say about it. It is a totally reliable car. With the mods i made i get about 28.5 miles per gal around town driving.

1995 Prelude Si
By 2.3Si on 09/24/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car a couple months ago and I must say it's great. The only thing is that my paints faded on parts of it but it runs great and has extremely good performance. It picks up pretty quickly for a four cylinder car. It's also very good on gas.

honda prelude si 2.3
By justin on 11/17/06 04:53 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

all and all its a good first car but if speed isn't important to you then its a great car.

Nice sportscar
By SD Rider on 08/26/06 23:24 PM (PDT)

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

My GSR was stolen ended up with this. Decent acceleration. Need suspension kit to push its limits. Need new wheel/tire package 16"rims on 205/45/16 v-rated tires are all you need. Plenty of aftermarket parts (but more expensive compared to gsr/civic parts).

Strong after all
By Oscar on 06/08/06 00:59 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Prelude SE 2dr Coupe

After 80,000 miles since I bought still running strong, got 160K miles now and still faster than many cars out there .. even in 2006 still turning some heads and getting compliments ... not bad for a 12 y.o. car =) I bought ricer tailights painted red/white and looks great now, also the 94 accord rear lip, helps.

If you find one, BUY IT!!!
By Erik on 02/22/06 18:32 PM (PST)

1995 Honda Prelude SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 36,000 miles on it, and it was in near perfect condition. It now has 110,000 miles on it and runs almost as good as it did then. Outside of normal routine repairs or changes such as brakes, tires, oil changes, & tune-ups this car has never had any major repairs. I only just recently had to change a broken radiator, but if that's the worst of it, I'm happy. The body could be better because it has a tendency to rust in the rear quarter panel, but almost everything else about this car is perfect. I will never sell this car if I don't have to. I would rather spend the money to keep it forever. I only wish I could have found an SE model with a V-TEC and manual trans.

Honda Prelude
By kevo on 11/04/05 11:06 AM (PST)

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I purchased a 1995 Honda Prelude about one year ago. I have put 20,000 miles on it and it still runs just as good as the day that I bought it. I have done some performance changes such as a carbon fiber hood, an exhaust, and a cold air intake. I am very impressed with the performance of the car. It has good pickup and drives very smooth.

It Just Keeps Going!
By Spirited on 09/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car with 127000 miles on it. The car has been amazing. Nothing but normal service needed at 176000 miles. Runs great. I have never added a drop of oil Fun to drive. The car is driven every day and this includes a good bit of stop and go driving. Amazing vehicle. Only problem is a bit of paint fading from sitting out in the open all theise years.

1995 Honda Prelude VTEC-Coupe (Black)
By VTEC-R on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

One of the Best Performance cars I have ever driven!!!