Used 1994 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Prelude VTEC - Consumer Reviews

VTEC 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (9 reviews )

I love my lude!
By 94PreludeSR-V

1994 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

the car is amazing, powerful, nice handling, pretty good factory speakers, nice shifting, looks damn beautiful cant say enuf about the car, ill never sell it unless its an NSX i am buying haha

VTEC. the design, the seats are better than sparcos hold me down while i take spirited turns, the back seats look nice, never sat in them tho lol. the sound of vtec with my AEM intake!

cup holder should be out of the way if you use it, not in my car tho. needs a glove compartment! my owners manual wont even fit in there. leather shift knob.

Best $ I've ever spent
By Sweet P

1994 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

The Prelude is GREAT!! The front seats keep you from sliding while handling crazy curves in the road. The long digital dash gives it a space-age look. The availability of after market parts is good too.

Hitting VTec at 5k RPM and actually being able to accellerate!

The only cup holder is placed so shifting can be difficult. The back seat is only big enough for a laundry basket!

Best Sport Coupe
By Ejuan

1994 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

The prelude is definately one of the best sports cars around. Looks, although eccentric, are hard not to like. Interior is very good. The car steers like no other - point it in the right place and it will get you there. A pretty quick ride - until the VTEC kicks in. Then you better just hold on.

Sporty looks, leather seats, VTEC, and slick shifter.

A little more legroom (or just some period) for the backseat. Power seats would be good.

Nothing better in '94
By dynasty

1994 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

Didn't really like it when they first came out, but after driving it. . .OH MY GOD! This VTEC is quick and it handles incredibly well. I have taken mine to 135mph on several occasions and I have taken a few fwy interchange ramps at 100mph! Z-rated tires necessary but no suspension modifications. I consistently beat Boxsters - no joke! If you're thinking about getting one, do it. If you're thinking about selling one, don't because there's nothing out there that can compare to this for the price.

The wrap-around dash and guages are unique. Shifting and suspension (VTEC) are superb. Acceleration is okay until 5k rpm - that's when you feel the real power.

Honda should have equipped the Prelude with speakers made with a stronger material than paper. The little subwoofer located between the two back seats goes out. The location for the 1-cupholder is not ideal, especially for shifting.

Awesome Car
By Mee

1994 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

What can I say this car kicks ass!

190 HP VTEC Engine baby

I'm a speed junky so I say the more power the better. The S2000 has a smaller engine and more HP so I would like to see a new Prelude engine pushin more than 250 HP...but the bastards discontinued the Prelude :-(