1994 Honda Prelude Si - Consumer Reviews

Si 2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (14 reviews )
94 honda prelude si
By SteveD on 07/16/10 19:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

This car is a wonder to have. Unlike many cars this will keep you on the road for years. My H23 si has over 260,000 miles on it and still flied down the road with no problems, But just remember to change the timing belt before 100,000 miles or there could be a problem. On the good side I took the head off the engine and wow I couldn't believe how there was no sludge in the cylinder head. Great on gas I get 27 miles a gallon. Others say parts are expensive. No they are not. I get my clutch for 200 bucks not $1000 Honda is the way to go.

Good advice from original owner of '94
By tru&onlytru on 01/26/09 09:28 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

And my advice to other '94 Prelude owners is to never give up this car. My advice to potential buyers is if you are lucky enough to find a Prelude for sale, buy it, fast, and on the first contact. I am looking at purchasing a Honda Element, but I am keeping my Prelude, currently with only 60K miles. This sounds low, but almost all miles are city driving instead of highway driving. Needless to say, I don't drive much except to and from work and a few errands weekly. My Prelude has let me down only once, and the mechanics warned me of the potential problem, before it happened. I repaired the car quickly.

Decent Value
By SevenBizzos on 12/12/08 09:37 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I may have overpaid a bit for a mint, garage kept Si, but I definitely feel it was worth it. Even with the mileage in the 150k range, the maintenance for me has been minimal. For my daily vehicle, the power is adequate for passing and accelerating out of sight from annoying drivers. The handling is excellent. Car is light and easily maneuverable. MPG (with 10% ethanol fuel) have been from 26 with "spirited driving" to > 30 when gas was $4.50/gal and I was trying to drive efficiently.

Wonderful car
By wsad on 06/03/05 20:19 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

Very fun to drive, the seats hold you nicely in place and offer enough support for long drives. Great leg and arm room in the front, but the back seats are somewhat lacking. The dashboard is very unique with energy meters representing the fuel level and engine temperature. All of the controls are in the right spots and you naturally seem to find them. The car sits pretty low to the ground but has large windows so visibility is still good. Pretty quick for a non- turbo 4-banger but still looks faster than it is. The Car does get good gas mileage (usually averages around 25) for its performance though. Front wheel drive is great, especially during winter (Chicagoland area).

A Good Car, But Very Overpriced
By Dw2 on 11/13/04 20:53 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

I wrote a review on this car over 2 years ago; since that time I have put 55k on it, and, granted I drive it very hard, the car is showing its age. Honestly, this car is good, but Euro cars (BMW) can walk circles around it in terms of comfort and performance, and, sadly for the Prelude, cost about the same. The adage of Hondas being cheaper to repair than other brands is a myth, in the last year I have put in an A/C Compressor ($1050), and a clutch ($1000) parts are obscenely expensive, and the car is nearly impossible to work on. This car is a fun, and it handles awesome, but is too expensive and uncomfortable, especially with a 3-series available for the same money.

toys
By Chris Campbell on 05/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

the car that i bought has become the best car i have ever owned, being extreemly fun to drive.

Great car overall
By JC15 on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

This is a great car; both fun and reliable. The space is a setback, but it's a fast car and the look is never outdated. I've had this car for 10 years and it's never let me down so far. Sad to see the Prelude discontinued, but much props to Honda for coming out with such a great car.

Fun and Reliable
By Toregon on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

Excellent car, fun to drive for a two door car. Very reliable

Still great fun a decade later
By Jeremy Delaney on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

This is a great car even after celebrating its 10th birthday. I couldnt think of a better car to take through the twisties. The SI or VTEC models are definately the way to go. Shifting is very smooth and accurate, developing the most power in the 3500 rpm range. The steering on this car is razor sharp and with a good set of performance tires you can really rip into those back country roads.

You got to own this one to understand...
By Kenshin24 on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Prelude Si Si 2dr Coupe

You just gotta have this 94'Prelude Si to understand what I am talking about here....too bad that I don't have it anymore... It has great looks,gas mileage,reliablility, and much more to satisfy driver of this awesome car... I bought used and only had it for 2 years, but it had no major and minor problems.... I loved that car... if I ever buy used car again... I'll definitely put `92~'96 Prelude on top of my list...