1993 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: Rethink Your Decision

1993 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

Si Coupe (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Rethink Your Decision
By lukewagner002 on

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I had purchased this car in Jan of 2012. It has 193k on the odometer. After being a Honda Mechanic for a few years, I was confident in the vehicle, but had seen very few of these. I had nothing but problems when owning mine. Within a few weeks, my timing belt had broke, and left me stranded. After rebuilding the entire top end of the engine, I drove it for two weeks when the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder went out. Two days after that it was the TPS sensor. After repair almost everything, I thought it was safe to drive, and drove it for 4 hours and it would not start again, which is where I gave up. I suggest going to a VERY well maintained one, or finding another vehicle.

I loved the exterior design. Body was sleek and before it's time. I got compliments wherever I went. Interior had a few things that were very unique and I loved the dash a fuel gauge section.

Honda went against everything they knew when making this vehicle, so be very cautious. I'd like to see a bigger gear ratio on the 5th gear (preferably a 6th gear). Suspension system is not within my favorites. I was constantly changing parts and getting alignments, as well as replacing the tires. Interior was not very comfortable. I did not like the seats, and it was very, very small. I couldn't even fit a backpack in the back seats. PLEASE DO NOT make a car without a cup holder again. That was a horrible idea and they should have known better. I also was not a fan of the HVAC system. It always shorted, and rarely worked. A/C system was tuned and checked, and it burnt out in a few weeks.