1993 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: 93 Prelude Si

1993 Honda Prelude - Consumer Review

93 Prelude Si
By HwkWings on

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for over 4 years, and I still love it. I bought it with 132K miles, and it now has 185K. The only problems have been a small oil leak and a worn out distributor. The sexy curviness of this car is way better than the ridged design of the 5th gen. Prelude. Criticism aside, I love the "funky" mid-dash display of the interior. The gauges are easier to read than some other cars that clutter the gauges in front of the driver. A few complaints include: the headlight components are a bit cheap, road/wind noise is more than abundant at highway speeds, rear visibility is less than adequate and the speaker covers are a bit flimsy.

2.3L engine (more immediate torque than the VTEC and better gas mileage, albeit slower), smart auto. transmission (downshifts when you want it to) and the styling inside and out.

Seeing as how Honda killed the Prelude, I'll say an improvement would be to BRING IT BACK! If you get your hands on one, I recommend cat-back exhaust and a beefier suspension. Also, despite the intelligence of the auto, the manual is still more fun.