1993 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
93 Prelude Si
By HwkWings on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for over 4 years, and I still love it. I bought it with 132K miles, and it now has 185K. The only problems have been a small oil leak and a worn out distributor. The sexy curviness of this car is way better than the ridged design of the 5th gen. Prelude. Criticism aside, I love the "funky" mid-dash display of the interior. The gauges are easier to read than some other cars that clutter the gauges in front of the driver. A few complaints include: the headlight components are a bit cheap, road/wind noise is more than abundant at highway speeds, rear visibility is less than adequate and the speaker covers are a bit flimsy.

Excellent Car
By vahsi on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought this car allmost 5 years ago, and still runs like new. I probably spend $1500 extra for the maintaince. That's it.

Nice Car
By stevo_043 on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

My Honda Prelude is really great. Acceleration is excellent. I have an automatic, but wish it was a stick. The A/C is really good; it gets cold quick. I love this car.

Great Ride
By Wings on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I've owned my '93 Prelude SR for over a year now and what a great car. It packs a lot of punch for a four cylinder and it has incredible handling. I love having a car that I can drive like I stole it every day without any worries. The only problem I've had was the electric ignition igniter crapped out on me which was only a small and cheap repair. Honda should have never stopped making the Prelude!

Mad VTEC
By Visual on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

This car is really a "Value for money VTEC vehicle" it's amazing styling and performance make it an absolute amazing car to own and drive. The only other car I would replace this with is a Honda S2000.

AFDs
By Vicious on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

this car is very good

The VTEC Prelude is a keeper.
By crxbrett on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

I had a '93 Prelude VTEC 4 years ago. Was hands down, the best car I've had. Acceleration was Excellent (0-60 in about 6.8 seconds), handling and cornering had to be tops in its' class, quality was very high, gas mileage was so-so (but it's not an econo-car anyways), and reliability was fantastic. In my opinion the Prelude is the cream of the crop in the import-sc (sport coupe) class (Eclipse/240 SX/MX- 6/Prelude/Celica). It's aggressive styling still looks great today. Honda needs to bring back a sport coupe soon. The car is popular with thieves here in LA, so garage it if you can.

fun in the summertime
By hunypi on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

fun little sports car.miss it so much.would buy again ..

93 Honda Prelude
By xtcboy on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

The cars body is really a fine peice of work from the inside out, its almost brand new looking from the inside. One problem might be the engine when it comes to dependable, once it breaks down it can be quite a bit of a problem,. other than that handling just like a porsche targa, if you got good 16 or 17`wheels.

1993 Prelude Si
By KW93LUDE on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Great car ride is low makes u feel apart of the road "True Sports Car"