1993 Honda Prelude VTEC - Consumer Reviews

VTEC 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (12 reviews )
Incredible Handling car
By David Price on 09/01/10 18:39 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

Anyone that thinks this car understeers has got the wrong tires on the car. The handling and cornering feel of this car is hard to match, even by newer cars. Ignore the specified mileage figures, at least for the VTEC. I would get 28-29 mpg cruise and no less than 26 mpg if I really put my foot into it a lot with a fair amount of city driving. The VTEC would start to kick in about 4500 rpm and felt a bit like a turbo. Passing 5 cars will put you over 120 mph in real hurry on the highway. The last time I got to drive this it had 130,000 miles on it and ran like new. It has always run on synthetic (Mobil-1 & Amsoil) engine/gear oil from the 1st oil change at 1000 miles. A drunk driver hit it.

The Best Used Car I've Ever Bought
By link4253 on 08/19/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

I was 15 when i bought my car from some guy down my street for about $3,000, he told me it might need some work on it, but after i did my research on how much it would cost, i was bought within the week, it only cost me about $150 for the parts i needed and the labor was only $85, but after all that, it was ready to hit the streets, its never broken down, it's been the most reliable car if ever seen.

Love It!
By Shorty on 11/28/09 18:44 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

Ever since I learned how to drive , I've been looking for a Honda Prelude. I have a Honda Accord but I fell in love with preludes so when I found a 1993 Honda Prelude for $500 I told my father and he bought it for me. I am Happy with it , I love the Outside and Inside , but what I really love is the Speed and how wonderful it is to Drive it. Everyone says I got it for an Extremely Low Price and been wanting to buy it off me but I will never sell it, lol. Now I own 2 1993 Preludes a Grey one and a white one and I am satisfied.

the best used car
By vtec on 03/14/05 14:51 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

Bought my prelude as a used car. The car was 7 years old with 100000 miles. I owned it for 50000 miles had to fix 2 things, the oil pan and the clutch. This car is super fast and handles prefectly. Took it to the tracks pulled a 14.9 1/4mile with no performance parts. The car hangs like a dream, I have drifted going 70 miles an hour was able to keep control no problem. If you find a good deal BUY THIS CAR.

The best of the best
By lude000957 on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

The 1993 Si VTEC model is the quickest prelude ever produced. It handles like a dream and the VTEC exhaust note is oh- so sweet. The factory Recar seats hold you firmly in place while the OEM 7 speaker stereo plays. This car is for the most part, automotive perfection. To top it all off, its 12 years old and has 106k miles on it. If you're considering this car, just keep in mind that they are very expensive to own and maintain. However this more than pays off in having the pleasure of driving the fastest Honda branded 4cyl coupe ever sold in the US.

Awesome Car
By SevynDaze on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

Wow... thats all that really needs to be said. For one, the car is WAY ahead of its time in exterior styling...and I for one, like the interior as well. Now lets talk performance. I paired the already fire-breathing V-TEC engine with Greddy Power Extreme exhaust and AEM cold air intake. Let me tell you..the car dyno's 213 HP and I only spent like $700. The first-gear torque is downright scary. And the sound is amazing...especially when the V-TEC kicks in at 4900. When the V-TEC kicks in you can hear and feel it...which makes it really fun to drive. The car has nearly 150k miles on it and I have had no problems whatsoever!

Got me through college
By wato22 on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

Great car, I'm at 180000 on the original everything and it still runs strong with a $4000 kelly blue book value, I only got it for 6K! great on the gas, (but 93 gas only,and if you dont play with it in the vtec too much.) Great on the highway and a fun car to drive. Never really raced it, only to prove a point. (See Fav, Features) Super car for a responsible young adult.

Kyle's Lude
By KylesLude on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

Great car to buy and fun to drive, of course reliable.

Mad VTEC
By Visual on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC VTEC 2dr Coupe

This car is really a "Value for money VTEC vehicle" it's amazing styling and performance make it an absolute amazing car to own and drive. The only other car I would replace this with is a Honda S2000.

AFDs
By Vicious on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

this car is very good