Used 1993 Honda Prelude VTEC Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

Incredible Handling car
By David Price

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

Anyone that thinks this car understeers has got the wrong tires on the car. The handling and cornering feel of this car is hard to match, even by newer cars. Ignore the specified mileage figures, at least for the VTEC. I would get 28-29 mpg cruise and no less than 26 mpg if I really put my foot into it a lot with a fair amount of city driving. The VTEC would start to kick in about 4500 rpm and felt a bit like a turbo. Passing 5 cars will put you over 120 mph in real hurry on the highway. The last time I got to drive this it had 130,000 miles on it and ran like new. It has always run on synthetic (Mobil-1 & Amsoil) engine/gear oil from the 1st oil change at 1000 miles. A drunk driver hit it.

Beautiful non-macpherson strut handling and steering feel when pushed hard in corners, combination of acceleration and great gas mileage.

Cruise control hunts a lot. Oil filter is a pain to reach. No pass through on rear seats. Side view mirrors use a colored plastic that is difficult to maintain. Rear wing is difficult to clean around. This year model had really poor air conditioning performance (1st year of R-134.)

The Best Used Car I've Ever Bought
By link4253

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

I was 15 when i bought my car from some guy down my street for about $3,000, he told me it might need some work on it, but after i did my research on how much it would cost, i was bought within the week, it only cost me about $150 for the parts i needed and the labor was only $85, but after all that, it was ready to hit the streets, its never broken down, it's been the most reliable car if ever seen.

small, fast and reliable, i love that there's a sun roof and it's fun to race around in and enough space in the trunk to put two 12" subs and the subwoofer box.

there's no room in the back seats so I'm thinking of taking them out and making more trunks space and two NOS nitrous bottles in the back with blue LED lights, the car needs to be a little more off the ground though, the speed bumps beat it up.

Love It!
By Shorty

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

Ever since I learned how to drive , I've been looking for a Honda Prelude. I have a Honda Accord but I fell in love with preludes so when I found a 1993 Honda Prelude for $500 I told my father and he bought it for me. I am Happy with it , I love the Outside and Inside , but what I really love is the Speed and how wonderful it is to Drive it. Everyone says I got it for an Extremely Low Price and been wanting to buy it off me but I will never sell it, lol. Now I own 2 1993 Preludes a Grey one and a white one and I am satisfied.

Everything on the Outside and Inside.

More Room on the Inside , and the seats are too Low.

the best used car
By vtec

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

Bought my prelude as a used car. The car was 7 years old with 100000 miles. I owned it for 50000 miles had to fix 2 things, the oil pan and the clutch. This car is super fast and handles prefectly. Took it to the tracks pulled a 14.9 1/4mile with no performance parts. The car hangs like a dream, I have drifted going 70 miles an hour was able to keep control no problem. If you find a good deal BUY THIS CAR.

Vtec. interior designracing inspired seats

Honda fixed all my improvements and some I never even thought of in the 1994 model.(better cup holder standard arm rest brighter display) BUY BUY BUY

The best of the best
By lude000957

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

The 1993 Si VTEC model is the quickest prelude ever produced. It handles like a dream and the VTEC exhaust note is oh- so sweet. The factory Recar seats hold you firmly in place while the OEM 7 speaker stereo plays. This car is for the most part, automotive perfection. To top it all off, its 12 years old and has 106k miles on it. If you're considering this car, just keep in mind that they are very expensive to own and maintain. However this more than pays off in having the pleasure of driving the fastest Honda branded 4cyl coupe ever sold in the US.

Sunroof, digital gages, VTEC powerplant, OEM foglights, security system, OEM subwoofer, and CD player. Way ahead of its time for 1993, has ABS and Dual airbags too.

Car has been discontinued. This was caused by controversial styling, high price, useless back seats, and high insurance rates. C'mon Honda, bring it back, put it on the TSX (JDM Accord) chassis, and give us a 220 hp K24 engine in it with a 6spd. Keep it around $25k and I'd get one!