1993 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
Rethink Your Decision
By lukewagner002 on 12/26/12 09:29 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I had purchased this car in Jan of 2012. It has 193k on the odometer. After being a Honda Mechanic for a few years, I was confident in the vehicle, but had seen very few of these. I had nothing but problems when owning mine. Within a few weeks, my timing belt had broke, and left me stranded. After rebuilding the entire top end of the engine, I drove it for two weeks when the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder went out. Two days after that it was the TPS sensor. After repair almost everything, I thought it was safe to drive, and drove it for 4 hours and it would not start again, which is where I gave up. I suggest going to a VERY well maintained one, or finding another vehicle.

Incredible Handling car
By David Price on 09/01/10 18:39 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

Anyone that thinks this car understeers has got the wrong tires on the car. The handling and cornering feel of this car is hard to match, even by newer cars. Ignore the specified mileage figures, at least for the VTEC. I would get 28-29 mpg cruise and no less than 26 mpg if I really put my foot into it a lot with a fair amount of city driving. The VTEC would start to kick in about 4500 rpm and felt a bit like a turbo. Passing 5 cars will put you over 120 mph in real hurry on the highway. The last time I got to drive this it had 130,000 miles on it and ran like new. It has always run on synthetic (Mobil-1 & Amsoil) engine/gear oil from the 1st oil change at 1000 miles. A drunk driver hit it.

The Best Used Car I've Ever Bought
By link4253 on 08/19/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

I was 15 when i bought my car from some guy down my street for about $3,000, he told me it might need some work on it, but after i did my research on how much it would cost, i was bought within the week, it only cost me about $150 for the parts i needed and the labor was only $85, but after all that, it was ready to hit the streets, its never broken down, it's been the most reliable car if ever seen.

Love It!
By Shorty on 11/28/09 18:44 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude VTEC 2dr Coupe

Ever since I learned how to drive , I've been looking for a Honda Prelude. I have a Honda Accord but I fell in love with preludes so when I found a 1993 Honda Prelude for $500 I told my father and he bought it for me. I am Happy with it , I love the Outside and Inside , but what I really love is the Speed and how wonderful it is to Drive it. Everyone says I got it for an Extremely Low Price and been wanting to buy it off me but I will never sell it, lol. Now I own 2 1993 Preludes a Grey one and a white one and I am satisfied.

Replacement parts questionable quality
By Rich on 05/02/09 11:14 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

This car has been a disappointment due to the inferior quality of replacement electrical system parts... three main relays have failed (replacement approximately $700 each) and three ignition switches failed (replacement approximately $200 each). Honda Prelude replacement electrical parts are garbage IMHO. I will likely never purchase another Honda. However, the best car I ever owned was a 1990 Acura Integra.

My Prelude
By LadyPrelude on 12/19/08 11:33 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

I've had this car almost 10 years and still love to drive it. It's fun and fast.

93 Prelude Si with 4ws
By dirk on 11/16/08 16:59 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

This is a really fun to drive car. It's got good power, when you take off in first and run it up to about 3,000 rpm and just stomp on the gas, the tires break loose and just start spinning. I love it.

93 Prelude 4WS Si
By Shibo on 03/15/08 09:59 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

The 93 prelude 4WS si i think is the best that Honda has ever made. The performance is just right for a 4 cyl that dose not have a VTEC motor and the convertible is unbelievable.

Love My '93 Prelude Si 4WS
By 5speedguy on 03/05/07 09:40 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

Bought my red 5 speed in June 2005 with 129,000 miles on the clock. I now have 150,000 and I just love this car. I like the punch, the great corner- carving ability and the looks. Each time I walk past the car I just have to smile. I know the 4WS makes the car heavier and therefore slower than the VTEC, but the handling is so great it is worth it. I soon intend to use it as a track day car (while continuing the "daily driver" duties.)

Driver's dream come true
By Darek on 07/16/05 12:15 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 2dr Coupe

I own a 93 Honda Prelude VTEC, and I absolutely love it! I bought it with 103k miles on it back in 99 and can’t stop redlining it every chance I get since then. The car has 160k and is 14 years old now so few things eventfully give up do to my rough driving habits: clutch, O2 sensor, exhaust flex pipe, hmm… I can’t think of anything more… the button for a hand brake is sticking once a week. Seats are so comfortable that it is hard to stay awake for long drives, but one push on the gas pedal and a sound of the VTEC engaging while you accelerate to 120mph on fairly sharp corner will send your hart rate sky rocking and will put a big smile on your face.