1992 Honda Prelude Consumer Review: Sweet Car

1992 Honda Prelude Coupe - Consumer Review

Sweet Car
By preludeman92 on

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

I love how everything looks and feels. It still looks almost new (stupid rust). I get lots of comments on how new it looks(despite being almost 15 years old). The accord engine is a little down on power when combined with the auto tranny. It will still keep up though, especially in corners. I've never really had any big issues with the car, just normal wear then the known issues with hondas of that age (brake master cylinder, master relay, valve cover seal and cam seal). I'm looking for a new car now and can't find anything that looks and drives as good as my prelude. I think I'm getting a newer one. I'm glad that it has back seats, keeps insurance down despite them being useless.

Favorite Features

Handling, looks, sound with aftermarket exhaust, dash board, not a car that you see everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

The exhaust rusts and needs replaced every few years. It needs a cup holder badly. Buy a manual car if you can find one. Buy a 93-96 if you want to be able to use the backseat at all(no divider). The seatback only has a small pass thru. Switch the sunroof to the moonroof from a 97-01 prelude (bolton)