1992 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
You gotta get a lude, dude!
By EK on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my Si 'lude with a little under 100K. I've only had to replace the timing belt (preventative maintenance) and get some oil leaks repaired. I now have over 120K on my car. I absolutely love it!! This is the funnest car I've ever driven. I recently test drove the new Accord EX V6 and the new V6 Altima (I thought I needed a bigger car). My '92 lude would run circles around both of these vehicles so I'm sticking with my lude. Recently, I saw a car ad for a '95 lude priced at $12,000 (the ad said 'Rare car')!! Amazing! You'd have to fight me for my mine.

Lude is good!
By Steva on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

It's a fun car, great handeling, good torque, solid built. I have the 4WS and it makes tight turns much easier, but it's just another thing that can go wrong. I have had the car for 11K miles and the besides the regular maintainence I have had some electrical things go out and it cost $150 to fix, not bad. Sometimes when I turn the car off for a few minutes and turn it on again the 4WS light stays on ( which means that there is a prolem with the 4WS) so I turn the car on and off a few times untill it goes away. The rest of the car is realiable and should last a while.

I love my 'Lude!!
By Akane-chan on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

The Honda Prelude is my 1st car and I would never dream or ponder of selling it. I bought it just under 100K; the handling is awesome, the body is strong (I was in a hit and run and thanks to it's strong body styling I didn't get as hurt as I should have); and wow I have never seen a car get so many glances. ^.~ It has a lot of power for a 4 Cylinder, speedy, and very sporty. The interior is perfect with it's bucket seats, and I believe even the stock system is awesome. I have installed a cd-deck so it sounds crisp and clean. Besides everything, I've had few minimal problems with my 'Lude other than the normal changes and tune-ups. It's fun to drive!!

Great Car
By Matthew on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I brought my lude not too long ago and its great, i put some performance parts on it and it does haul. I agree that there should not even be a backseat, my 5 year old brother can't even fit back there. Everything is great on this car and is built to last. Only thing bad is the dashboard design but u get use to it.

Great Car
By matthew on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best All Around Bang for Your Buck
By Redline on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for over 2 years now, and added almost 35k miles. This car has to be the best used vehicle I have ever owned. I have not had one problem with this car even way after hitting 100k miles. The base performance on this car is awesome for being a 4cylinder. I've had a few passengers ask me if it was a 6cylinder! Styling is fun, young, and sleek. Interior is absolutely amazing and none that i've ever seen. The quality of build is definitely there. Sure, it's not a lexus, but for the money I paid for it, it feels like it. Handling is top-notch. I have no doubt that it will easily reach 200k. This is the best all around bang for your buck.

Solid as a rock!
By Grantbo on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I love my Fresco Blude lude! I've had it for 8 yrs and just turned over 90k miles today. Maintenance has been limited to routine items such as brakes, mufflers. Always dependable, and honestly, still gets flattering comments on it's styling!

After 10 yrs I STILL love this car.
By Carie on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

It just passed 150K miles & has required minimal maintenance & few things have worn out! I testdrove a new Prelude last year & it felt almost EXACTLY like my 10 yr old one. I've usually replaced a car every 2 yrs until I bought this one. I bought a new truck last year, but kept my Prelude as I couldn't give it up. I expect to see it hitting 250K at some point.

Wirt
By Wirt on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Don't stop making this car!

Best car I've ever owned!
By edl on 04/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

The title of this review says it all. 155,000 trouble free miles. Not driven hard, but not all that easy either. Still at least 95% as solid as when new. Love this car.