1992 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
Best Car I've Ever Owned
By Zoomy6 on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my '92 Prelude Si with 4-wheel steering from a friend four years ago when it had 85,000 miles on it. Since then, I've put another 35,000 miles on it and it still drives like new. It is extremely fun to drive and is quick enough to beat or keep up with newer cars with much more horsepower. I recently bought a new car and will be very sad to see the Prelude go. It's been great to me and I highly recommend that anyone who wants a fast, fun to drive car and is on a tight budget to buy one. The four wheel steering also adds a whole new dimension to this car.

Black Beauty
By Miami Lyfe on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

I puchased my 92 Prelude w/ over 160,000 miles on her. This car is has never let me down and drives really smooth. This car has excellent quality in the interior materials but CUPHOLDERS would be nice... The Engine is peppy and quick to deliver you the passing speed you need on the freeway. I consider my car to be a 2seater because those things in the back That Honda calls seats function better as shelves for me. My nine year old brother said it was cramped back there.... This car is EXCELLENT and drips with quality.

Honda made a winner
By ZakS on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

This car is excellent in every aspect. The power is excellent, the handling is awsome, and the looks are sporty. Combined with good gas mileage, cheap price, and low insurance premiums, this car is untouchable. Advice: I would stay away from the 4 wheel steering models due to their increased weight. The (subtle) performance gain is not worth the weight increase.

Well worth every penny
By Mrmatt85 on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 92 Si and Im loving every minute of this car. Whenever Im not driving it Im waiting for the next time I can go out and cruise. I love the handling and the power is great for a four cylinder. The enterior design is very spacious in the front but horrible in the back. I love the electronic fuel and oil gauges. The sunroof is a great addition. I could go on forever about what a great car this is, buy one if your considering it, you won't be dissapointed.

Prelude Pride
By aeropostel on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

The honda prelude is trhe best car ever. i love it. its so good. it very reliable. i love the acceleration and the power. the engine feels liek a v6. none of my friends beleive me that its only a 4 cylinder. i like how i can feel good about it being over 100k. it runs perfect, and i have had no major problems. this car would smoke half of the performance cars out there, and thats only in its stock form

1992 honda prelude
By aeropostel on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

the 1992 honda prelude is a terrific car. it is very fun to drive. it has excellent pick up, and reliability. i havenot had one major problem with it and it has over 100,000 miles. i bought it with 92,000 and i do not think it was a mistake buying it with high mileage. i the only thing i want now is a manual one. i like the bucket seats it came with, but the interior is not as good as the newer preludes'.

Silver Streak
By ISTJ on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I've had my 1992 Prelude SI since 1993 @ approx 12k miles. I am now at 95.5k miles and only had the ac replace (2000), it finally gave in (I live in FL) and the timing belt (2001)- scheduled maintenance. Other than that, no problems, my wife drives it now and won't sell it. I even bought a 2001 Honda accord (V6)-new, and she rather have the Prelude. I tried

Love My Lude!
By ShortyONE30 on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

I just got my 'Lude for x-mas and i was so excited to have it sittin in my drive way! Its the greatest car in the world and i love everything about it! I have tons of plans for it too! This is a great sporty car and sooo much fun to drive! Just gotta watch out for the Po Po's!

preludes rule
By jac04 on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

best car eve. honda shouldn't have stoped making them

You gotta get a lude, dude!
By EK on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my Si 'lude with a little under 100K. I've only had to replace the timing belt (preventative maintenance) and get some oil leaks repaired. I now have over 120K on my car. I absolutely love it!! This is the funnest car I've ever driven. I recently test drove the new Accord EX V6 and the new V6 Altima (I thought I needed a bigger car). My '92 lude would run circles around both of these vehicles so I'm sticking with my lude. Recently, I saw a car ad for a '95 lude priced at $12,000 (the ad said 'Rare car')!! Amazing! You'd have to fight me for my mine.