Used 1992 Honda Prelude Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Prelude Coupe

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

Mile after Mile
By alex33nad

1992 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

This car refuses to stop running. Stick shift is the only way to go. -250K miles -The only reason I've ever been stranded road side was due to a flat tire. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Typical Honda rust. 2 out of the 5 gears grind a little bit. 2nd and 5th. I would recommend it to anyone. For a 20 year old car with a quarter million miles. It runs like a champ with a chip on it's shoulder like it has something to prove every damn day.

Best car I have EVER owned
By gary sanders

1992 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

After having gone through a Chevette, Datsun B210, Monte Carlo, Chevy Beretta, I was convinced all cars were junk. This little Prelude was one of 2 left on the lot after a year. Never used - brand new with mileage less than 25 miles. I traded my piece of junk Beretta in for this car and got it for a steal. It is now 2009, NO rust, no exterior or interior problems, no major problems outside of maintenance and required items with the exception of the air handling controls. This car will outlive me and I get people wanting me to sell it all the time. If you have an opportunity to buy one, get it. They are an incredible and fun car. I plan on keeping it forever.

Favorite Features

Handling, sporty exterior, reliability, quality build.

Suggested Improvements

Back seats are for looks only. Hard to see out back window. Thanks goodness I'm short!

92 Prelude El Paso
By fernando

1992 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Fun car to drive, limited rear legs space as everyone knows but a pretty good size truck for a smaller car

Favorite Features

I think the mileage and quality are the two top features

Suggested Improvements

No hub caps, just full wheels no fakes

My Prelude
By andrew garza

1992 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Well I bought my car at a junkyard and I liked it so much I'm currently waiting to save up enough money to purchase a new JDM 2.2L v- tech engine. I enjoyed the interior. It looked already sporty and ready to race since I'm into all that tuner car thing. I loved the way the seats were inside. They already had the shape of some aftermarket racing seats with the flares and stuff. I liked the smoothness of the ride, the shifting (mine's standard). Since I got it I have had so many compliments and I just can't wait till I take it to the track now.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the body style and the way it looks on the inside. The fact that it's a very good perfoming car.

Suggested Improvements

You might only want to make the rear seats a little bigger. It wouldn't hurt to have a little more room back there for my friends.

Sweet Car
By preludeman92

1992 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I love how everything looks and feels. It still looks almost new (stupid rust). I get lots of comments on how new it looks(despite being almost 15 years old). The accord engine is a little down on power when combined with the auto tranny. It will still keep up though, especially in corners. I've never really had any big issues with the car, just normal wear then the known issues with hondas of that age (brake master cylinder, master relay, valve cover seal and cam seal). I'm looking for a new car now and can't find anything that looks and drives as good as my prelude. I think I'm getting a newer one. I'm glad that it has back seats, keeps insurance down despite them being useless.

Favorite Features

Handling, looks, sound with aftermarket exhaust, dash board, not a car that you see everywhere.

Suggested Improvements

The exhaust rusts and needs replaced every few years. It needs a cup holder badly. Buy a manual car if you can find one. Buy a 93-96 if you want to be able to use the backseat at all(no divider). The seatback only has a small pass thru. Switch the sunroof to the moonroof from a 97-01 prelude (bolton)