1992 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
Hondas greatest car, excluding the NSX of course.
By juegavivobuay on 01/10/12 11:32 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Bought my lude at 252,000 miles for 1600 from someone in my area. Original engine. Weekly commutes between ATL and Charlotte by previous owner. It had 4ws(amazing in the parking lot, seamless at cruising speeds). it was auto(booo) but the 2.3 motor was still pretty quick. smoked eclipses, civic, integras, even a vtec lude. interior comfortable. 6 spkr audio setup amazing. car carries sub base extremely well. very fun to drive, almost gokart like. Totaled her at 305,000 miles, car split in half, roof smashed down, could touch the pavement from drivers seat through floorboard, and i still walked away without even a cut. Speed sensor went out and a/c lights went out. Thats it.

Love them hondas
By myhondas0 on 08/18/10 15:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

i have owned my prelude si for about 10 years now and i loved it! i am on the 3rd motor but it still around kicking strong! the body has 270,000 miles on it and has no rust or major dents, i did away with the stock wheels and put 19 inch rays racing wheels on it and it handle like a Cadillac lol had to do away with h23 and put the f22 in it for now, but not every one knows what they in the f22s you boost a stock f22 10 to 12 lbs and be just as fast or faster the h22, enjoy your preludes because i have enjoyed mine. bout time to sell want an s2000 to play with.

The only new car I have ever bought
By deanobravo on 05/13/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

This is the only new car I have ever bought. 190k miles now and running strong. Still using the original brakes and brake pads. On my 3rd set of tires. The only parts replaced have been the timing belt/water pump at 120k miles reg maint., and distributor and radiator at about 140k miles. I think I replaced 2 tail light bulbs too. That's it. This car has surpassed my level of comprehension of reliability. I am going to give it to my son, and am looking for a replacement that will be as reliable.

Superior handling
By alex on 12/19/08 15:11 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

This car has the best handling in its price category. Performance is good for a 4 cyl. The 4ws is so much fun to drive, you just wanna turn in corner at the last second so people in the other lane think you're gonna hit them. For a 16 year old car, exterior is great. When you stop at a red light, people just want to race you even if you don't want to. Note this is a cop magnet car too. Give the car good tire and handling is more then amazing.

i love this car
By Ilovemylude on 11/09/07 12:48 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

this car was one of the best they made with the 4ws i could drive this thing forever and not get rid of it

Great reliable car
By txl146 on 04/16/05 00:40 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 3 months now and it puts smile on my face every time I take it out for spin. It has very torquey engine for 2.3L engine so you do not need to downshift on a highway to pass someone. It's one advantage over most 2.0L turbocharged cars. One thing I do not like about this car is that I have to use premium gas. I wouldn't call this car economy for that reason.

I bought it new...still love it.
By Mary Smith on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 'lude new 12 YRS ago immediately after seeing one.It was obviously love at first sight.I'd never kept a car for more than 2 yrs before the Prelude, but I just wasn't able to find another car I liked more at 'upgrade' time. We now have a 2003 Altima as we needed the room, and a 2004 F250 for the hubby (and me!), but I REFUSE to let go of my Prelude. With 175K miles it's now needing a few things, but is still a blast to drive. I really wish Honda had not discontinued the Prelude - I'd get another in a blink. It's been a very abused car from my post-college (read broke) days that just keeps on ticking. I like my Altima. I LOVE my Prelude.

great
By big pappa on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

i think that this care is outstanding

The Wife Loves It
By nokingbutchrist on 01/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought it used with 40K for wife. Car now has 240K and has only had two problems. First, a bad balance shaft seal dumped all the oil. My wife still drove it for 30 minutes in temps of 98 before stopping! Another seal blew a month ago. The wife drove a 100 miles before engine seized. YET, the wife still wants it so a new engine is going to be put in. A/C stinks.

I wish they still made the 4WS versions.
By Nene on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

At 185K plus miles, I've had only one incident of breaking down on the road and it has seen me safely through two accidents. I was rear-ended by a 3/4 ton truck, his bumper had more damage than my Prelude. This is the most reliable car I've ever owned and I still get compliments about how good it looks despite the age.