1992 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
Mile after Mile
By alex33nad on 10/25/12 15:13 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

This car refuses to stop running. Stick shift is the only way to go. -250K miles -The only reason I've ever been stranded road side was due to a flat tire. Take care of it and it will take care of you. Typical Honda rust. 2 out of the 5 gears grind a little bit. 2nd and 5th. I would recommend it to anyone. For a 20 year old car with a quarter million miles. It runs like a champ with a chip on it's shoulder like it has something to prove every damn day.

Hondas greatest car, excluding the NSX of course.
By juegavivobuay on 01/10/12 11:32 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Bought my lude at 252,000 miles for 1600 from someone in my area. Original engine. Weekly commutes between ATL and Charlotte by previous owner. It had 4ws(amazing in the parking lot, seamless at cruising speeds). it was auto(booo) but the 2.3 motor was still pretty quick. smoked eclipses, civic, integras, even a vtec lude. interior comfortable. 6 spkr audio setup amazing. car carries sub base extremely well. very fun to drive, almost gokart like. Totaled her at 305,000 miles, car split in half, roof smashed down, could touch the pavement from drivers seat through floorboard, and i still walked away without even a cut. Speed sensor went out and a/c lights went out. Thats it.

Love them hondas
By myhondas0 on 08/18/10 15:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

i have owned my prelude si for about 10 years now and i loved it! i am on the 3rd motor but it still around kicking strong! the body has 270,000 miles on it and has no rust or major dents, i did away with the stock wheels and put 19 inch rays racing wheels on it and it handle like a Cadillac lol had to do away with h23 and put the f22 in it for now, but not every one knows what they in the f22s you boost a stock f22 10 to 12 lbs and be just as fast or faster the h22, enjoy your preludes because i have enjoyed mine. bout time to sell want an s2000 to play with.

The only new car I have ever bought
By deanobravo on 05/13/09 18:42 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

This is the only new car I have ever bought. 190k miles now and running strong. Still using the original brakes and brake pads. On my 3rd set of tires. The only parts replaced have been the timing belt/water pump at 120k miles reg maint., and distributor and radiator at about 140k miles. I think I replaced 2 tail light bulbs too. That's it. This car has surpassed my level of comprehension of reliability. I am going to give it to my son, and am looking for a replacement that will be as reliable.

Best car I have EVER owned
By gary sanders on 01/14/09 13:41 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

After having gone through a Chevette, Datsun B210, Monte Carlo, Chevy Beretta, I was convinced all cars were junk. This little Prelude was one of 2 left on the lot after a year. Never used - brand new with mileage less than 25 miles. I traded my piece of junk Beretta in for this car and got it for a steal. It is now 2009, NO rust, no exterior or interior problems, no major problems outside of maintenance and required items with the exception of the air handling controls. This car will outlive me and I get people wanting me to sell it all the time. If you have an opportunity to buy one, get it. They are an incredible and fun car. I plan on keeping it forever.

Superior handling
By alex on 12/19/08 15:11 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

This car has the best handling in its price category. Performance is good for a 4 cyl. The 4ws is so much fun to drive, you just wanna turn in corner at the last second so people in the other lane think you're gonna hit them. For a 16 year old car, exterior is great. When you stop at a red light, people just want to race you even if you don't want to. Note this is a cop magnet car too. Give the car good tire and handling is more then amazing.

i love this car
By Ilovemylude on 11/09/07 12:48 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

this car was one of the best they made with the 4ws i could drive this thing forever and not get rid of it

92 Prelude El Paso
By fernando on 09/04/07 08:39 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

Fun car to drive, limited rear legs space as everyone knows but a pretty good size truck for a smaller car

My Prelude
By andrew garza on 04/15/07 15:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

Well I bought my car at a junkyard and I liked it so much I'm currently waiting to save up enough money to purchase a new JDM 2.2L v- tech engine. I enjoyed the interior. It looked already sporty and ready to race since I'm into all that tuner car thing. I loved the way the seats were inside. They already had the shape of some aftermarket racing seats with the flares and stuff. I liked the smoothness of the ride, the shifting (mine's standard). Since I got it I have had so many compliments and I just can't wait till I take it to the track now.

Sweet Car
By preludeman92 on 06/20/05 16:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Prelude S 2dr Coupe

I love how everything looks and feels. It still looks almost new (stupid rust). I get lots of comments on how new it looks(despite being almost 15 years old). The accord engine is a little down on power when combined with the auto tranny. It will still keep up though, especially in corners. I've never really had any big issues with the car, just normal wear then the known issues with hondas of that age (brake master cylinder, master relay, valve cover seal and cam seal). I'm looking for a new car now and can't find anything that looks and drives as good as my prelude. I think I'm getting a newer one. I'm glad that it has back seats, keeps insurance down despite them being useless.

1 2 3 4 5 next »