Used 1991 Honda Prelude Si Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

Awesome to drive
By sylence

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I always wanted a Prelude and I found one cheap. This has absolutely been my favorite car that I've owned. Very easy to drive and handling was excellent. Much faster than I expected. I was in an accident where I was t-boned on the highway that spun me 2 times in the center of the road. The car hit my rear wheel at about 55 mph and I was still able to drive it home. I'm planning to purchase a 1999 or 2000 model in the near future.

Favorite Features

speed

Suggested Improvements

room for the rear seats

Wish I still had it
By SYL357

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I used to own one of these. Some don't know, but in 90 and 91 you could get a from the factory built up 2.0L that was actually closer to 2.1L that had 197 hp. That is what I had. The car was amazing. It beat damn near anything you could possibly race on the street. Sadly it was an automatic, but it still did 0-60 in 6-6.5 seconds depending on tire spin while taking off. All that I can say is that I'm sad that I no longer have the car.

Favorite Features

The power

Suggested Improvements

none

Smazing car
By ATMskater74

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I've had mine a little over a year, and I have wanted one since this model year was new. It is built extremely well and they last forever with minimal expensive repairs. The engine is pretty peppy and it handles like it's on rails. The interior is comfortable and the exterior styling is beautiful. One of the best cars available for that price, in my opinion.

Old trustee
By Steve

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I owned this car for almost 8 years. It was my second car and it set the bar high considering I bought it at 10 years old. The steering was nimble and the handling was crips, with a lot of feedback. The brakes were excellent at stopping the car, with little fade. The B21A1 took quite a pounding from me in the early years, and kept on ticking. The hydraulic clutch was excellent and I never had to replace it. The first owner never had to replace it, so as far as I know it was original with 131,000 miles on it! It was by far, one of the best cars I drove in the snow and it was only front wheel drive! I traded the car in last night and miss it already. Goodbye old trustee!

Favorite Features

Sliding sunroof, 4 wheel disc brakes, bulletproof 5 spd, AC still worked after almost 17 years! Only one R12 charge while I owned it.

Suggested Improvements

Not like this matters since it was so long ago, and the car was discontinued, but power locks would have been nice, and more back seat room.

Awesome 4WS
By ludebay

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

My uncle bought this car back in 1994. It's a 1991 Honda Prelude SI with 4WS. I felt in love with the car when I heard that it was 4WS. He then sold it to me for a very nice price. =) The handling on this car is awesome and you can feel the acceleration when you hit on the gas. The 4WS is very handy when making U-Turn and parking.

Favorite Features

4WS <------ can't beat that. Amazing handling. I love the way the car look.

Suggested Improvements

There is no love from the aftermarket company. Finding perfomance parts for the car is extremely difficult.