1991 Honda Prelude Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
LUDE acris
By SE7EN on 10/11/09 10:58 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

I love my prelude. I've had it for years and it still runs like new. Car performs well and handles well.

Awesome to drive
By sylence on 01/25/09 11:22 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I always wanted a Prelude and I found one cheap. This has absolutely been my favorite car that I've owned. Very easy to drive and handling was excellent. Much faster than I expected. I was in an accident where I was t-boned on the highway that spun me 2 times in the center of the road. The car hit my rear wheel at about 55 mph and I was still able to drive it home. I'm planning to purchase a 1999 or 2000 model in the near future.

Wish I still had it
By SYL357 on 01/06/09 21:44 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I used to own one of these. Some don't know, but in 90 and 91 you could get a from the factory built up 2.0L that was actually closer to 2.1L that had 197 hp. That is what I had. The car was amazing. It beat damn near anything you could possibly race on the street. Sadly it was an automatic, but it still did 0-60 in 6-6.5 seconds depending on tire spin while taking off. All that I can say is that I'm sad that I no longer have the car.

Smazing car
By ATMskater74 on 05/21/08 06:28 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I've had mine a little over a year, and I have wanted one since this model year was new. It is built extremely well and they last forever with minimal expensive repairs. The engine is pretty peppy and it handles like it's on rails. The interior is comfortable and the exterior styling is beautiful. One of the best cars available for that price, in my opinion.

91 Prelude Si 2.1L DOHC
By stewie2021 on 03/17/08 13:39 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

Only 2 previous owners. I bought this car off of a guy that was moving to England and HAD to get rid of it in about a week. I fell in love with the awesome styling and handling. I'm pretty new to manual transmission but It wasn't hard to brush up on with such a great clutch that hasn't had to be replaced. I already replaced the intake with a ram air and the muffler with an HKS slide-on. The car looks at home with much newer cars and runs as good if not better. I'm looking forward to keeping her running for years!

First Car
By Prelude Power on 10/07/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

A perfect first car, or even a car to just get from point A to point B. My Prelude has 185,000mi on it, and has always started up without a problem. This car is about 16 years old, and still many people tell me how much they like it.

Old trustee
By Steve on 05/16/07 10:30 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I owned this car for almost 8 years. It was my second car and it set the bar high considering I bought it at 10 years old. The steering was nimble and the handling was crips, with a lot of feedback. The brakes were excellent at stopping the car, with little fade. The B21A1 took quite a pounding from me in the early years, and kept on ticking. The hydraulic clutch was excellent and I never had to replace it. The first owner never had to replace it, so as far as I know it was original with 131,000 miles on it! It was by far, one of the best cars I drove in the snow and it was only front wheel drive! I traded the car in last night and miss it already. Goodbye old trustee!

Awesome 4WS
By ludebay on 10/12/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

My uncle bought this car back in 1994. It's a 1991 Honda Prelude SI with 4WS. I felt in love with the car when I heard that it was 4WS. He then sold it to me for a very nice price. =) The handling on this car is awesome and you can feel the acceleration when you hit on the gas. The 4WS is very handy when making U-Turn and parking.

One of the best cars ever
By Marcus on 02/10/06 11:53 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I have had a lot of cars in my driving lifetime (16 years) and this is the 3rd prelude I have owned. It was my favorite car in high school, so when I saw an opportunity to purchase this one I sold my motorcycle immediately to get the $4000 asking price. I have not been disappointed in the 2 years that I have owned it. From the appearance, it looks as though it was stored in a garage. The only thing that I would change it the trans (it is an auto) but with the sport selection it drives very well. Has great acceleration!

What do I now buy for my daughter
By Ron in Jersey on 01/29/06 17:12 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

Bought this car for my son. It had only 46,000 miles and got from a fellow townie. OUTSTANDING. I had to put a timing belt, new exhaust, and a new battery over last 5 years. Shows no signs of wearing out. Classic look. Now my daughter is getting her license and it will be hard to find something comparable. Trust me I have been looking