Used 1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

Prelude forever
By Francisco Agostini

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

After all these years the car is still a blast to drive and It gets its fair share of looks on the road. Electronics aren't that great but you con get by with the stuff that works. The cruise control died a few years back and the tail light indicator on the dash is always on but that can be ignored when the trade off is race car like movements on the road.

LUDE acris
By SE7EN

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

I love my prelude. I've had it for years and it still runs like new. Car performs well and handles well.

Electric sunroof, power windows, 4W disk brakes, body style.

More availability for performance and aftermarket parts.

Awesome to drive
By sylence

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I always wanted a Prelude and I found one cheap. This has absolutely been my favorite car that I've owned. Very easy to drive and handling was excellent. Much faster than I expected. I was in an accident where I was t-boned on the highway that spun me 2 times in the center of the road. The car hit my rear wheel at about 55 mph and I was still able to drive it home. I'm planning to purchase a 1999 or 2000 model in the near future.

speed

room for the rear seats

Wish I still had it
By SYL357

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I used to own one of these. Some don't know, but in 90 and 91 you could get a from the factory built up 2.0L that was actually closer to 2.1L that had 197 hp. That is what I had. The car was amazing. It beat damn near anything you could possibly race on the street. Sadly it was an automatic, but it still did 0-60 in 6-6.5 seconds depending on tire spin while taking off. All that I can say is that I'm sad that I no longer have the car.

The power

none

Smazing car
By ATMskater74

1991 Honda Prelude Coupe Si 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I've had mine a little over a year, and I have wanted one since this model year was new. It is built extremely well and they last forever with minimal expensive repairs. The engine is pretty peppy and it handles like it's on rails. The interior is comfortable and the exterior styling is beautiful. One of the best cars available for that price, in my opinion.