1991 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:
Awesome to drive
By sylence on 01/25/09 11:22 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I always wanted a Prelude and I found one cheap. This has absolutely been my favorite car that I've owned. Very easy to drive and handling was excellent. Much faster than I expected. I was in an accident where I was t-boned on the highway that spun me 2 times in the center of the road. The car hit my rear wheel at about 55 mph and I was still able to drive it home. I'm planning to purchase a 1999 or 2000 model in the near future.

Wish I still had it
By SYL357 on 01/06/09 21:44 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I used to own one of these. Some don't know, but in 90 and 91 you could get a from the factory built up 2.0L that was actually closer to 2.1L that had 197 hp. That is what I had. The car was amazing. It beat damn near anything you could possibly race on the street. Sadly it was an automatic, but it still did 0-60 in 6-6.5 seconds depending on tire spin while taking off. All that I can say is that I'm sad that I no longer have the car.

Smazing car
By ATMskater74 on 05/21/08 06:28 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I've had mine a little over a year, and I have wanted one since this model year was new. It is built extremely well and they last forever with minimal expensive repairs. The engine is pretty peppy and it handles like it's on rails. The interior is comfortable and the exterior styling is beautiful. One of the best cars available for that price, in my opinion.

Old trustee
By Steve on 05/16/07 10:30 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I owned this car for almost 8 years. It was my second car and it set the bar high considering I bought it at 10 years old. The steering was nimble and the handling was crips, with a lot of feedback. The brakes were excellent at stopping the car, with little fade. The B21A1 took quite a pounding from me in the early years, and kept on ticking. The hydraulic clutch was excellent and I never had to replace it. The first owner never had to replace it, so as far as I know it was original with 131,000 miles on it! It was by far, one of the best cars I drove in the snow and it was only front wheel drive! I traded the car in last night and miss it already. Goodbye old trustee!

Awesome 4WS
By ludebay on 10/12/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

My uncle bought this car back in 1994. It's a 1991 Honda Prelude SI with 4WS. I felt in love with the car when I heard that it was 4WS. He then sold it to me for a very nice price. =) The handling on this car is awesome and you can feel the acceleration when you hit on the gas. The 4WS is very handy when making U-Turn and parking.

One of the best cars ever
By Marcus on 02/10/06 11:53 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I have had a lot of cars in my driving lifetime (16 years) and this is the 3rd prelude I have owned. It was my favorite car in high school, so when I saw an opportunity to purchase this one I sold my motorcycle immediately to get the $4000 asking price. I have not been disappointed in the 2 years that I have owned it. From the appearance, it looks as though it was stored in a garage. The only thing that I would change it the trans (it is an auto) but with the sport selection it drives very well. Has great acceleration!

91 Prelude SI
By PrElUdE RaCeR on 11/17/05 17:09 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

The 91 Prelude is a great first car. Its sporty,fast and powerful. The only downside is that performance parts are hard to come by. Also the B21a1 engine burns oil very quickly. Other than that, it's a great car.

Great Car
By iggy5050 on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

The Prelude is a very reliable and fun to drive car. It looks great even by todays standards and always gets compliments. It's over 13 years old now, and it runs perfectly as if new. As soon as I test drove this car, I knew I had to buy it.

Still running
By honda4ever on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

Out of all the vehicles I have owned...Ford, Chevy, Lincoln, and Toyota, this car has outlasted all of them. All with only a minor Timing belt and AC problem. This Honda is still running strong and gets me to work every day 32 mi one way. I have over 145K miles and will love to see it double that without much maintance. The only thing you have to do to this car is change the oil. Shoot if you forget it will run on air!

A Joy to Own
By MookieGuy on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my Prelude in 1991 and have had almost 13 great years with it! I've never had any unexpected problems with it - just the routine stuff like timing belt, etc. If I could buy a brand new 1991 Prelude with 100 miles or less on it, I would buy one all over again!