Used 1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

LUDE acris
By SE7EN

1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

I love my prelude. I've had it for years and it still runs like new. Car performs well and handles well.

Electric sunroof, power windows, 4W disk brakes, body style.

More availability for performance and aftermarket parts.

91 Prelude Si 2.1L DOHC
By stewie2021

1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

Only 2 previous owners. I bought this car off of a guy that was moving to England and HAD to get rid of it in about a week. I fell in love with the awesome styling and handling. I'm pretty new to manual transmission but It wasn't hard to brush up on with such a great clutch that hasn't had to be replaced. I already replaced the intake with a ram air and the muffler with an HKS slide-on. The car looks at home with much newer cars and runs as good if not better. I'm looking forward to keeping her running for years!

Spoiler, Flip Lights, Cornering, Great stock sound!

Very hard to find performance parts (looking for a short shift). NO cup holders...Also bad air intake placement.

First Car
By Prelude Power

1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

A perfect first car, or even a car to just get from point A to point B. My Prelude has 185,000mi on it, and has always started up without a problem. This car is about 16 years old, and still many people tell me how much they like it.

Sunroof

Parts are expensive, I haven't even had this car for a year and I've had to do about $2,000 in repairs. Burns oil quickly. Gets about 25mpg in a car that could get 35. The E-Brake doesn't do much.

What do I now buy for my daughter
By Ron in Jersey

1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

Bought this car for my son. It had only 46,000 miles and got from a fellow townie. OUTSTANDING. I had to put a timing belt, new exhaust, and a new battery over last 5 years. Shows no signs of wearing out. Classic look. Now my daughter is getting her license and it will be hard to find something comparable. Trust me I have been looking

POP up headlights. Sunroof is 14 years old and not a drop comes through. Easy to park. Grewta handling. Really fun to drive.

Replacing an air filter is a project. Lift up tyhe hood and there is no free room!. People with big hands will understand what I mean!

Cute and Sporty
By Johnny5

1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1991 Prelude from a friend who needed a bigger family car. He had it since he bought it new in 1991. The car is fun to drive and very responsive. I have the 4WS model and it corners very well. I love the body style of the 3rd gen. Preludes. It has 157,000 miles on it but still drives like it was new! These are getting harder and harder to find in good condition so I am glad I got one!

I like the body style and sporty look. Love the spoiler and sunroof. Drives great in snow. Engines start every time.

More horsepower. Backseat not too comfortable but still love the car overall.