Used 1991 Honda Prelude Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Prelude - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

LUDE acris
By SE7EN

1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

I love my prelude. I've had it for years and it still runs like new. Car performs well and handles well.

Favorite Features

Electric sunroof, power windows, 4W disk brakes, body style.

Suggested Improvements

More availability for performance and aftermarket parts.

Awesome to drive
By sylence

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I always wanted a Prelude and I found one cheap. This has absolutely been my favorite car that I've owned. Very easy to drive and handling was excellent. Much faster than I expected. I was in an accident where I was t-boned on the highway that spun me 2 times in the center of the road. The car hit my rear wheel at about 55 mph and I was still able to drive it home. I'm planning to purchase a 1999 or 2000 model in the near future.

Favorite Features

speed

Suggested Improvements

room for the rear seats

Wish I still had it
By SYL357

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I used to own one of these. Some don't know, but in 90 and 91 you could get a from the factory built up 2.0L that was actually closer to 2.1L that had 197 hp. That is what I had. The car was amazing. It beat damn near anything you could possibly race on the street. Sadly it was an automatic, but it still did 0-60 in 6-6.5 seconds depending on tire spin while taking off. All that I can say is that I'm sad that I no longer have the car.

Favorite Features

The power

Suggested Improvements

none

Smazing car
By ATMskater74

1991 Honda Prelude Si 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I've had mine a little over a year, and I have wanted one since this model year was new. It is built extremely well and they last forever with minimal expensive repairs. The engine is pretty peppy and it handles like it's on rails. The interior is comfortable and the exterior styling is beautiful. One of the best cars available for that price, in my opinion.

91 Prelude Si 2.1L DOHC
By stewie2021

1991 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si 2dr Coupe

Only 2 previous owners. I bought this car off of a guy that was moving to England and HAD to get rid of it in about a week. I fell in love with the awesome styling and handling. I'm pretty new to manual transmission but It wasn't hard to brush up on with such a great clutch that hasn't had to be replaced. I already replaced the intake with a ram air and the muffler with an HKS slide-on. The car looks at home with much newer cars and runs as good if not better. I'm looking forward to keeping her running for years!

Favorite Features

Spoiler, Flip Lights, Cornering, Great stock sound!

Suggested Improvements

Very hard to find performance parts (looking for a short shift). NO cup holders...Also bad air intake placement.