Used 1990 Honda Prelude Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Honda Prelude Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prelude model:

1990 EX Prelude (UK Model)
By Darren Wyeth

1990 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I bought this 1990 EX prelude 'auto', which is equal to the USA's 'S' except for the cruise control. I had an '84 prelude a few years ago but had to sell it, but I saw this come up and grabbed it whilst I could, It's extremely reliable and feels just like a new car the only problem I have with it are the speakers, but these can be replaced. It's not a nice looking as the 2nd Generation (1983-1987) but it's the most fun I've had since my '84!

I love the Pop up lights and the wedge shape, other good features are, the auto up and down drivers window, the variable power steering and Air conditioning!

The heater blower isn't that great, especially in England! it takes around 5 to 10 mins to clear a section of the front screen to make driving safe!

Oldie but a Goodie
By Fetus

1990 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

Just bought by 1990 Prelude wiht 119K miles. The engine is tight, responsive, and still runs strong. Handles great and is a blast to drive. I would be apprehensive about purchasing a 13 year old vehicle but I know several Honda owners with models older than 1990. They always talk about the reliability. I'm sold.

Handeling around corners. Body still for a 13 year old design still looks sporty and is not dated.

Back seats are for kids (and small ones as that) only.

It Just Keeps Going and Going!
By marvelous

1990 Honda Prelude Coupe S 2dr Coupe

I absolutely love Hondas because they are so reliable. I got this used while in college from a Honda mechanic so it was in great condition! Good pick-up, nice body style for a 13-year old car. Good visability, good on gas, decent size trunk. Reliable all the way around. I'm at 227,000 and she's still going.

Reliability, body style, gas mileage.

Stock radio had to go. Other than that, great car.