2013 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: My review after over a year wi

2013 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

My review after over a year with our 2012 Pilot
By antons911 on

2013 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love the pilot for the interior space, real SUV look, solid feel while driving on freeways.
Amazing interior space. Fits what ever you wanted to haul.
The reality is, there is no competitor with ability to fit your family or things like the Pilot.
We tried everything, and if you want third row to fit three people, there is really nothing out there that has that room for legs (armada, sequoia, all horrible).

Positive: Love the shape - it actually looks like an SUV and not some station wagon raised up like everything else out there. Plenty of room for anything, we moved couches, dry walls, beams, kids, costco supplies, christmas trees, ikea furniture..you name it. I saved so much with the pilot hauling stuff instead of paying for a delivery, I don't even want to count how much. Ride is really smooth. Feels solid when driving. Turns are actually better than my Accord.

Negatives: Acceleration is sluggish but not that bad, I wish MPG was better, for 4x4 in city we get about 16, 21.5 pure highway, depending on speed, with 20K our average per computer is 17.2 Interior parts are very bad, chair & plastic make noise, driver side glass makes noise, paint chips way too easily. Almost no noise insulation. Third row head things are way too low or too high for small kids. Breaking is not the best.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review