Vibration and Engine Ringing
By kr1839 on
2013 Honda Pilot Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Go on a long test drive before buying this vehicle and tell the salesman not to talk so you can listen and feel without distraction. This vehicle has a pronounced vibration in echo mode which can be felt and heard. My vehicle also developed a very suttle ringing and I only have a few thousand miles on it. The dealer says it is just part of the vehicle design and that their computers say nothing is wrong. So I'm SOL. I loved my first Honda Pilot but I won't buy another Honda product after this experience.
Favorite Features
The engine vibration in echo mode and valve ringing.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the annoying engine vibration in echo mode and the valve ringing.
By pa350z2006
on 09/14/13 20:17 PM (PDT)

Same issue here. 2012. Very disappointed and honda is not doing anything about it.

By pa350z2006
on 09/14/13 20:14 PM (PDT)

I have a 2012 bought in 11/2011 and be careful. I now have the vibration in Eco mode that another review mentions on this forum. So disappointed as I wanted to keep this car long term. I have 26,500 miles and it has been going on for a few thousand miles. Called American honda and the dealer said they cannot feel it. It does not make my wheel shake but you can feel the vibrations in the wheel and center console. It is not normal. So sad. If calling honda does nothing I will happily continue to share my thoughts. I really think they are not nearly as good as honda once was.

By rick2456
on 11/22/13 07:31 AM (PST)

I can relate. I have bought 4 Honda's in my lifetime, including the 2013 Pilot touring 4wd. Only some minor issues thus far, but for sure the dealerships and Honda corporate are always trying to downplay the problems or consider them "normal". Honda has lost me for life. My other complaints are related to the ergonomics of the vehicle. 1) Can't load MP3 or WMA files on the hard drive. CD songs only. 2) Navigation doesn't show as much info as even a $80 GPS and you have to pay $150 for map updates. 3) No always on compass. The only compass is the navigation and it only points toward the north. Doesn't show you what direction you are heading. 4)Climate controls are ridiculous and hard to find/use (especially when driving). 5) Top of the line touring model still makes you pay extra for roof cross bars and wheel well fenders. 6) VCM vibration (is it that hard to put an extra gear in the transmission?). There should be some way to disable the VCM. 7) Seats are relatively hard. Should be some more cushioning.