2013 Honda Pilot Consumer Review: Another solid Pilot

2013 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

Another solid Pilot
By strokeoluck2 on

2013 Honda Pilot Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We trade our '08 Ex-L in on a '13 Touring model. So far, we love it. It's very smooth and comfortable on the road. We've not experienced any of the "chugging" sensation when in cruise mode, as others described on the '12's. And I really don't understand why people complain about the Pilot's acceleration - it's MORE than adequate for soccer moms. I have a 330 HP BMW sports car, and I can tell you I am VERY pleased with the acceleration of the Pilot. Only drawback so far has been the navigation system. It's ok once you get used to it, but it's not real intuitive. It would also be nice to have remote start (not on a $40k car?!), but that's a bit nit-picky. Overall, another solid Pilot.

Comfortable ride, excellent visibility through large windows, pretty good sound system on Touring model (not so much on the other models), remote-controlled rear liftgate, lots of plug-ins for various chargers and ipod connections, decent acceleration, nice pearl color and good-looking wheels.

Would be nice if Honda could provide a remote start for a $40k vehicle, navigation system is "ok," but not super intuitive, radio display screen is a bit dated - functional...but dated (not the end of the world).