Used 2013 Honda Pilot SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:

2013 and 2014 have "normal vibration". It drives me crazy!
By scoutgator

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I would not have bought my Pilot if I had known that there was a "normal vibration" when cruising in ECO mode. Mine is very noticable at 1500 RPM and even according to technician, it shouldn't be there. My car has 5K miles on it. I would have spent my $38K on a different vehicle if I had known this. If you are considering buying a Pilot, test drive it thoroughly at 1500 RPMs!!!

none

Fix vibration that occurs in eco mode, and refund existing Pilot owners so they can buy another vehicle.

Honda missed
By rickricka

2013 Honda Pilot SUV Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got my 13 Honda Pilot 5 months ago, 17k miles, at about 10k the known and accepted (By Honda ) Shudder Vibration in the VCM started, Since I drive so much it is not a characteristic I can accept, it shudders and vibrates at about 1500-2200 rpm. I will write to Honda but don't expect anything back since the dealership is aware, so should be HONDA. If you don't care about long trips being disgustingly frustrating, buy it, if you want a reasonable ride ,stay away until Honda get its right. ALSO Bluetooth Microphone is from the dark ages ( Toyota fixed theirs years ago) it doesn't work well with cell phone. I think I trade for a better ride,but it will hurt because may features are nice

space and compartments are great, stereo great lighting is nice

Love my Pilot!
By at2005

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle so much! It's a dream to drive. I went from a luxury SUV to the Pilot & am pretty satisfied with it. I love the way the Pilot drives & parks. I've owned cars that don't handle as nicely as this truck does. The only thing I would improve is the ride. It's much rougher/tougher that my previous SUV, but other than that I'm in love. If they keep this vehicle like this or improve it further I will be a Pilot owner for life.

DVD loads in front dash. I have two children in car seats & this feature is a LIFESAVER, since they wouldn't be able to reach the dvd player where they are traditionally located! Steering & Handling- so easy to park even though it's a fairly large SUV. Gas Mileage- I fill up every week 1/2 - 2 weeks! Space- The middle seat is so roomy, we fit 2 car seats no problem & my older son still has plenty of space. I have sat in the 3rd row very comfortably & I'm 5'5".

Ride: very rough/noisy. Definitely more of a truck ride than a smaller/luxury SUV. The user screen is boring & plain, but we didn't get navigation, since we can use the blue-tooth & nav on my phone. Would be nice to load MP3 music into memory instead of just CD's.

Honda has lost it...
By rick2456

I have bought 4 Honda's in my lifetime, including the 2013 Pilot touring 4wd. Only some minor issues thus far, but for sure the dealerships and Honda corporate are always trying to downplay the problems or consider them "normal". Honda has lost me for life. My other complaints are related to the ergonomics of the vehicle. 1) Can't load MP3 or WMA files on the hard drive. CD songs only. 2) Navigation doesn't show as much info as even a $80 GPS and you have to pay $150 for map updates. 3) No always on compass. The only compass is the navigation and it only points toward the north. Doesn't show you what direction you are heading. 4)Climate controls are ridiculous and hard to find/use.

Navigation, climate control, seat comfort, and customer support. Calling all issues normal, is not customer support. VCM should have a user disable function. More ratios for the transmission.

Loved our 2011 Pilot bought a second one
By jplyman

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have a 2011 Pilot EX-L and it has been great so great in fact that I purchased a second one. If your looking for a car ride or a station wagon SUV than this will not be your car. However, it excels at what it does and that is being a SUV that can carry anything and everyone. We comfortably fit all three of our kids in the middle row (2 car seats (3&4 and 11 yo). It is not the quietest SUV but that is what the radio is for ;-). The reliability and safety is awesome. Also, the value is hard to beat - I looked at all the competitors but the American SUV's just cost to much to get the same features that we wanted (leather & sunroof). Didn't like the lower seat height of the CX-9

Seating flexibility and number of people we can take in the Pilot. Safety!!! Love the EX-L package. Comfort of the SUV