2013 Honda Pilot SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pilot model:
Love my Pilot!
By at2005 on 12/09/13 08:21 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle so much! It's a dream to drive. I went from a luxury SUV to the Pilot & am pretty satisfied with it. I love the way the Pilot drives & parks. I've owned cars that don't handle as nicely as this truck does. The only thing I would improve is the ride. It's much rougher/tougher that my previous SUV, but other than that I'm in love. If they keep this vehicle like this or improve it further I will be a Pilot owner for life.

Honda has lost it...
By rick2456 on 11/22/13 07:37 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Pilot SUV Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have bought 4 Honda's in my lifetime, including the 2013 Pilot touring 4wd. Only some minor issues thus far, but for sure the dealerships and Honda corporate are always trying to downplay the problems or consider them "normal". Honda has lost me for life. My other complaints are related to the ergonomics of the vehicle. 1) Can't load MP3 or WMA files on the hard drive. CD songs only. 2) Navigation doesn't show as much info as even a $80 GPS and you have to pay $150 for map updates. 3) No always on compass. The only compass is the navigation and it only points toward the north. Doesn't show you what direction you are heading. 4)Climate controls are ridiculous and hard to find/use.

Loved our 2011 Pilot bought a second one
By jplyman on 10/05/13 12:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have a 2011 Pilot EX-L and it has been great so great in fact that I purchased a second one. If your looking for a car ride or a station wagon SUV than this will not be your car. However, it excels at what it does and that is being a SUV that can carry anything and everyone. We comfortably fit all three of our kids in the middle row (2 car seats (3&4 and 11 yo). It is not the quietest SUV but that is what the radio is for ;-). The reliability and safety is awesome. Also, the value is hard to beat - I looked at all the competitors but the American SUV's just cost to much to get the same features that we wanted (leather & sunroof). Didn't like the lower seat height of the CX-9

First new car ever
By pilot27106 on 10/02/13 04:28 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L w/Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my first new car ever. That being a 2013 Honda Pilot exl. I did much of the same research on here and still decided on the Honda. I will say it is not as stylish as the others. However, there are a few great things to be said about the SUV. Gas mileage averaging 22.5 in the city. I drive mainly in the city. Nice heavy duty plastics used. Not cheap materials like the rest. No squeaks and rattles. The seats are very comfortible in the front and rear with plenty of leg room. Finally, it has more than enough power. I promise! I have yet to find a situation that I have needed a 300hp or twin turbo motor. This is a utility vehicle. I have owned 50 plus cars,tr

disappointed88
By disappointed88 on 09/15/13 07:53 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Pilot SUV Touring w/Navigation and Rear Entertainment 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I now have returned my 2013 Honda Pilot for repair for the fourth time in 10 months for the same vibration issue. After taking the service manager for a 50 mile road trip, he said the vibration was the worst he had experienced. After 3 days I have been advised that all the 2013 Honda Pilots have a similar vibration. How this suddenly happened, I do not know. Honda response is that this is a "Normal Vibration". I have never heard of such Bull. This has to be the worst vehicle I have ever owned and now Honda is offering NO help on this issue.

Beyond Expectations
By commandoii on 08/17/13 18:05 PM (PDT)

Okay, I bought this car for my wife and now I want one. Drove everything in this category, CX9, Stretch and non stretch Sante Fe, GM moon rovers, explorer. Big fan of explorer looks and big Ford fan in general, but it drove (actually rented) too big and sadden to say, My Touch is out of touch. This pilot was very well equipped and drives fantastic and the Consumer Report parking lot handling quips are BS - it handles them with no problem. Everything inside is just right. But most of all the wife "loves" her pilot and for me that is all that matters. BTW those that don't like the boxy look try a few add-ons (eg.visors) , they sweeten the look. You don't drive the look. Great product!!

Vibration and Engine Ringing
By kr1839 on 07/30/13 14:12 PM (PDT)

Go on a long test drive before buying this vehicle and tell the salesman not to talk so you can listen and feel without distraction. This vehicle has a pronounced vibration in echo mode which can be felt and heard. My vehicle also developed a very suttle ringing and I only have a few thousand miles on it. The dealer says it is just part of the vehicle design and that their computers say nothing is wrong. So I'm SOL. I loved my first Honda Pilot but I won't buy another Honda product after this experience.

Great Vehicle - Well Loaded
By chrisallen2 on 05/07/13 11:06 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the LX. This is my first actual "new" vehicle purchase so it could be that I'm just overly excited about things that the rest of the world who have actually purchased new cars before consider normal, but it seems to me that the base model is actually pretty well loaded. So much so that I could not justify spending the extra money on another trim. It drives smooth, has plenty of room even in the back seat, suprisingly and while it would be nice to have the navigation and entertainment system, considering the difference in price, I'm very happy with the features on the LX.

Base Model Pilot Still a Lovable Vehicle
By jmdrbp1 on 04/17/13 02:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Pilot SUV LX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchase my 2013 Pilot LX having some regrets for not getting the 4wd model and a sun roof. I have since changed my mind. I like the spacious interior, solid ride and more than adequate pick up on the highway or when I need it. The seat adjustment gives me a high ride and excellent visibility. Spacious cargo space with the seats down. I love my Pilot.

Honda Pilot
By chris352 on 04/10/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Pilot SUV EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Pilot I have purchased. This is the best vehicle I have owned. It is reliable, safe, great in the snow and multifunctional.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Pilot Suv in VA is:

$137 per month*