2012 Honda Pilot 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Third Pilot Owned

2012 Honda Pilot - Consumer Review

Third Pilot Owned
By wallsttrader on

2012 Honda Pilot LX 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2012 LX 4WD for 28,000 before taxes and plates. Much better than the 2011 LX 4WD I traded in. Traded in the 2011 because my company pays for my vechicle. I expected the 12 to be the same as the 11. However, I found the 12 handles much better at highway speeds on twisty roads. Not sure why, but the tires are more highway like. But, the difference is huge. City gas mileage is much better by about 2MPG. Freeway mileage is about the same. I also have a 2011 Toyota Highlander. The 2011 Highlander was much better than the 11 Pilot. However, the 12 Pilot is as good as the 11 Highlander. However, Highlander still gets a little better mileage than 12 Highlander.

Favorite Features

Much improved high speed handling over the 2011 Pilot.

Suggested Improvements

Unfortunately, the 2012 Pilot bumbers ding easily. The 2011 Pilot had rubber bumper strips that save the bumpers on the 2011. My 2012 already has a few dings on the back bumper. Honda, I wish you did not cheapen the bumpers. This is my only major complaint.