One of the Best SUV's out there!
By ldecastro1 on
2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Before we purchased our 2012 Honda Pilot, we test drove all of the top similar-sized SUVs. For appearance, comfort, space, 4x4 capability, and handling we decided to go with the Pilot. First, let me tell you that the Pilot is one of the most comfortable cars that I have ever driven. The heated leather seats rival even my sofa in comfort. The back seats also recline and the third row offer regular-sized seats. The car handles very well in all kinds of weather (we live in Vermont) and tackles our summer pot holes and severe winter storms with ease. We have 20,000 miles on our Pilot and this car has been 100% reliable. The fuel economy is great for a car this heavy and big.
Favorite Features
Honda reliability, large safe car with commanding view, very comfortable heated leather seats, tons of space for my kids and all of our vacation gear, excellent fuel economy for a big heavy SUV.
Suggested Improvements
I read all of the negative comments about the ECO system. Our Pilot does seem to get caught between shifts, which is a bit strange, but you get used to it and barely notice it after awhile. This is by no means a deal breaker for us because this car does so many other things so well and even my $48,000 Volvo wasn't perfect.