Transmission/ECO Managment Shuttering Vibration
By rcookster on
2012 Honda Pilot EX-L 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Have had my 2012 Pilot 2 months. When driving at constant speed the ECO Variable Management system seems to keep transmission from downshifting appropriately and you can feel a vibration/rough driving until you accelerate or cancel the cruise control. First service had it checked. Tech said it seemed to be a problem but did not throw a code. He called Honda Tech line. Told that they have complaints about this, but it was just characteristic of the 2012 Pilot. Today I went to the Dealer and drove another 2012 Pilot. Yep, it did it too.Thought I would work out a trade of my new 2012 for a 2013, but..you guessed it, the 2013 did it too! Beware -Honda definitely has an engineering issue here!!
By teddyz
on 02/25/13 09:04 AM (PST)

I also have a 2012 Pilot Touring with just over 5000 miles. It too vibrated at around 60-65 mph. I took it back to my dealership last Thursday and they told me my passenger side tire was out of balance. I then drove the next day 150 miles on the highway and there was still a vibration (not as severe) at the same mph. I took the vehicle back to the dealership today. I waited 2 hours and was then told that all the other tires were in balance and that the tech updated my ECO system. Also, that the Tech and the Tech's boss took it for a test drive and didn't notice a thing. I drove it home and there is still a vibration at the same speed. Not sure what to do next.

By crillman
on 05/23/13 22:14 PM (PDT)

Just bought a 2013 with 200 miles and notice it. Although, sometimes I feel like I'm looking for it, but others times I definitely notice it. Has to be a way to turn it off!

By al62
on 01/18/13 15:51 PM (PST)

I have 5500 miles on mine. It's doing the same thing. So what is Honda going to do about it??